• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

softcheaper.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

softcheaper.com

Anyone got any experience of dealing with thse guys?

£139 for 'MS-Office 2010 pro' is a lot more attractive than the usual £350, but is it legal? Obviously they say it is, but a small voice is whispering 'beware' . . .

The vegetarian option.

Never heard of them but MS do a test option: you get 3 licenses for every MS product / year but they are only to be used in test situations £250/ year, or it could be student versions: these can be picked up at reasonable prices but can be a cut down product
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Microsoft Office 2010 Student Pro Plus: SAVE with 90% Off | Software4Students.co.uk
      £37.89

I've bought Office 2010 and windows 7 through them. My missus is a teacher so technically covered but i can't imagine anyone is ever going to check!

Comment

And don't forget the malware trojans that you're going to import.

But who cares - it's cheap, go for it!!!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you have a teacher as a wife or children software4students is about as cheap as you will find.

However MS are about to increase their prices (so that euro and gbp prices are more closely aligned) and software4students have announced that their prices will stop on March 31st.

The other sensible option is to either join MS technet or even better create a website and join Microsoft Bizspark which will give you an awfully large amount of software for free.

As for softcheaper.com the question to ask is how come they can sell software cheaper than MS lets anyone else sell it for?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            As for softcheaper.com the question to ask is how come they can sell software cheaper than MS lets anyone else sell it for?
            Exactly. It's got to be legit. I'm trying to source this for a mate who wants to upgrade his company from 15 x 2003 to 2010, so I'm going to look a right plonker if it's illegal, or as cojak says, it's full of malware.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

You'll have to speak to Microsoft volume licencing but my guess is that 15 x Microsoft Office Professional 2010 | Ebuyer.com is the cheapest option.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                a small voice is whispering 'beware' . . .
                Let that small voice become a loud shout.

Software4students is definitely a legit cheaper option but ONLY if you definitely qualify. If you don't you might as well get a free illegal copy rather than a £40 illegal copy. PLUS, I don't think you can use it for commercial/business use.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                  Microsoft Office 2010 Student Pro Plus: SAVE with 90% Off | Software4Students.co.uk
                  £37.89

I've bought Office 2010 and windows 7 through them. My missus is a teacher so technically covered but i can't imagine anyone is ever going to check!
                  I bought the same. Named my daughters nursery as the educational establishment
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    You'll have to speak to Microsoft volume licencing but my guess is that 15 x Microsoft Office Professional 2010 | Ebuyer.com is the cheapest option.
                    Isn't this for activating 'time-bombed' installations on new PCs?
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X