• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moira Stuart 'Tax Doesn't Have To Taxing' Avoids PAYE Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moira Stuart 'Tax Doesn't Have To Taxing' Avoids PAYE Tax

From the news section of this site (Moira Stuart joins limited company tax-saving row :: Contractor UK)

Apparently even Moira is using min wage + divs .. gotta hand it to the girl, she used this for her fees for this years “tax doesn’t have to be taxing" campaign !

LOL

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Maybe the MPs do the same. After all turkeys don't vote for Christmas.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

This is my favourite bit:

"But Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs dismissed claims that its public face is a tax avoider, reportedly saying Stuart “is not employed by us, so there is no question of disguised employment.”"

If only this were true we would all be in the clear!!!

Did HMRC really say this?????

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post

"But Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs dismissed claims that its public face is a tax avoider, reportedly saying Stuart “is not employed by us, so there is no question of disguised employment.”"

This is a case that shows IR35 for the farce it is. I hope we can all use that quote if we are investigated.

It is obvious in all respects that Stuart is not nor was she intended to be an employee in any way shape or form. I would guess that he contract under close scrutiny would show her to be IR35 caught. Not sure about MOO, but I doubt she can show risk, she would certainly be under control and direction and can not provide a sub.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Well spotted!!! I wish there was a source quoted... CUK... can you verify where that quote came from? Surely the PCG can use that as ammo in any investigation?
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Well, there is nothing to suggest she was employed - they could have used Madonna for ad campaign and pay her into her limited company and that would not mean Madonna is employed by HMRC.

That's a very bad example of the tax dodging - now people in senior positions in civil service and quangoes working full time certainly should be looked at.

Comment

Again, there is no mention of personal tax... in that if Mrs Stuart had extracted the money from her company as dividends she would be paying an additional 35% on it.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Well, there is nothing to suggest she was employed - they could have used Madonna for ad campaign and pay her into her limited company and that would not mean Madonna is employed by HMRC.
                  But if they'd contracted for Moira to do the ads, but Moira's firm sent Madonna instead, would HMRC have accepted it? I think not, so presumably the substitution clause (if any) is invalid, which in turns leads to the assumption that HMRC wanted Moira to do it personally, hence getting close to IR35 territory as no valid substitution clause!! (Of course, no doubt other contract terms etc would point away from IR35 hopefully!).

Comment

Originally posted by WHA View Post
                    But if they'd contracted for Moira to do the ads, but Moira's firm sent Madonna instead, would HMRC have accepted it?
                    I am sure they hired her firm for her specifically and that does not make her employee, perhaps your point is that IR35 is such a tulip piece of legislation that it can make legitimate contracting work look like employment in disguise.

Comment

Working...
                    X