• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service

Popped into Marks & Spencer at lunchtime to pick up a sarnie and I was shocked at how standards had dropped. I haven't been in there for ages but it used to be that you would almost be treated like royalty but today the spotty youf that served me could barely tear himself away from the conversation he was having with the spotty youf next to him. Is customer service really a thing of the past or do I just expect to much?

You still get the service in Waitrose and John Lewis.

M&S are cheapskating these days - especially the one on Moorgate.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

There's nothing more irksome than the middle classes moaning about trivia.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        You still get the service in Waitrose and John Lewis.

M&S are cheapskating these days - especially the one on Moorgate.
        Its a London problem. The further away you get from the place the better the service, even in M&S.

p.s Is there a Waitrose around Moorgate or anywhere else in the City? Fed up with Tossco's !!

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
          I am quite happy to moan about the more important stuff as well Noddy. I will be asking my solitcitors to contact you regarding the wilful and deliberate use of the discriminatory term 'Middle Class'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
            Its a London problem. The further away you get from the place the better the service, even in M&S.

p.s Is there a Waitrose around Moorgate or anywhere else in the City? Fed up with Tossco's !!
            No waitrose around there unfortunately that I know of. I tend to end up in Tescos near City Thameslink as they do Krispy Kreme donuts and beef jerky in there and I'm a fat middle-class bastard.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
              Lower middle classes

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                No waitrose around there unfortunately that I know of. I tend to end up in Tescos near City Thameslink as they do Krispy Kreme donuts and beef jerky in there and I'm a fat middle-class bastard.

TheMonkey is Homer Simpson and I claim my £5!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  Popped into Marks & Spencer at lunchtime to pick up a sarnie and I was shocked at how standards had dropped. I haven't been in there for ages but it used to be that you would almost be treated like royalty but today the spotty youf that served me could barely tear himself away from the conversation he was having with the spotty youf next to him. Is customer service really a thing of the past or do I just expect to much?
                  You and I, John, are sadly out-of-kilter with the modern world.

It is considered 'good enough' service nowadays if our purchases (once stuffed into a flimsy EU-compliant plastic bag) are flung at us by some pimply, pre-menstural, lank-haired little bitch at the checkout who never makes eye contact and is yacking away to some other checkout proll.

Anyway, only Threaded is required to be treated like royalty in a checkout queue.
                  Last edited by bogeyman; 15 May 2006, 17:22. Reason: The "Include Threaded Clause"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

You were only buying a sandwich FFS! What do you expect? The red carpet, a personal shopper and someone to mop your brow during the transaction?

People are too demanding these days. Here's your sandwich now give me the money and f**k off!
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X