• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£100K+ permie job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£100K+ permie job

Weird... got a couple of people hunting me down for £100K+bens permie roles. Same sort of thing I do now - Programme Management & Business Development. Will be lucky to gross that this year through my co.

Never worked a permie job in the UK before... what would I be looking at after tax - £5000 p/m?

What other perks should I be trying to negotiate? I don't have a car or many work expenses. Pension contributions?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Have you tried the ask beaker thread? :-)

Seriously - you should take home about £5k/month. Pension is very important - but health and life insurance benefits are important too.

The main thing is does the role suit - and do you want to go permanent? Its an obvious security/money exchange.

Good luck!
    BP

Comment

Just over 5k per month.

I had a bonus payment that pushed me over the 100k mark, plus shares. In addition a company pension where if you put 10% of your salary in, they'd put another 15% of your salary on top.

60k take home per year plus another 10k in shares. Don't know why I quit to be honest.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Just over 5k per month.

I had a bonus payment that pushed me over the 100k mark, plus shares. In addition a company pension where if you put 10% of your salary in, they'd put another 15% of your salary on top.

60k take home per year plus another 10k in shares. Don't know why I quit to be honest.
        To make your fortune selling Sledges and other tat?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          To make your fortune selling Sledges and other tat?
          No. In hindsight. I think it's because I'm a petulant twat.

Comment

Cheers guys...

Never seriously thought about going permie, but everyone has their price I guess!

Trying to save up for another house this year and I just make the best out of any situation tbh, so permie vs contract doesn't matter too much if the role is the same... not ashamed to say I work mainly for the money!

One of the opportunities has a profit share/bonus component, but the pension contribution matching is a good idea.
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Cheers guys...

Never seriously thought about going permie, but everyone has their price I guess!

Trying to save up for another house this year and I just make the best out of any situation tbh, so permie vs contract doesn't matter too much if the role is the same... not ashamed to say I work mainly for the money!

One of the opportunities has a profit share/bonus component, but the pension contribution matching is a good idea.
              TBH, that in itself should be driver. The stupid ass thing with contracting is, for a mortgage you need 3 years worth of accounts and the figure you use is your profit. So if you invoiced £100k for the year the 'profit' on your accounts will be £80k before Corporation tax. The mortgage companies take that off as well , so you're starting at a 60k figure for multiples.

For 'Perm' they use the whole £100k! Fricking stoopid.

Comment

TBH, that in itself should be driver. The stupid ass thing with contracting is, for a mortgage you need 3 years worth of accounts and the figure you use is your profit. So if you invoiced £100k for the year the 'profit' on your accounts will be £80k before Corporation tax. The mortgage companies take that off as well , so you're starting at a 60k figure for multiples.

For 'Perm' they use the whole £100k! Fricking stoopid.
                I didn't.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

In addition a company pension where if you put 10% of your salary in, they'd put another 15% of your salary on top.
                  Mug.

2 beaker - take the job but ask to use your Ltd to invoice monthly.

HTH

Comment

No. In hindsight. I think it's because I'm a petulant twat.
                    No, you quit because they actually made you work for the money and that left too little time for your CUK "activities"

Comment

Working...
                    X