• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

count the contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

count the contractors

Given Beaker is looking at deserting us and Churchill has already done the dirty lets see who is a contractor and who is merely pretending or dreaming.
    Am a Die Hard Contractor
    73.58%
    Dirty Permie
    11.32%
    Plan B is a goer
    1.89%
    On a hard wooden Bench
    9.43%
    I'm currently AndyW's sub
    3.77%
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Where's the poll?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Where's the poll?
      Contrcators nowadays, not as good as they used to be
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Where's the poll?
        Ho ho ho.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Contract coming to an end but not looking to go permie
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've had a couple of stints permie in the last 15 years but then again I've given up booze & hookers a few times as well before falling off the wagon.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I selected "diehard" but a more accurate description would be "contractor until my plan B comes together".
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've turned down more permie offers than most permies will accept in their lifetime.

Not saying I never would, but none of them have been close to acceptable.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

After a long spell working on plan B in 2009-10 the warchest started sounding a little hollow and so I went looking.

I was offered a contract on a rate lower than I had had for years, and a couple of permie jobs, one of which was as a consultant with a 100k package, but as far as I could see that would involve being on client sites, staying away from home, blah blah, lots of the hassle of contracting then having to justify my actions to a "boss", ask for "holiday", and have some tool "appraise" me every year. No freedom

six months on a crap rate and then back to proper rates for the last year with the last three gigs dovetailing finish/start. Current gig finishes in a couple of months, then a bit of early season sailing I think

Cut me in half and you will see the word contractor impregnated in my core like a stick of Brighton rock

Shame it's a dying market and the BRIC countries will take over the vast majority of it, it's been a good ride

Comment

I am a contractor and I am very hard.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X