• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I employ my fiance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I employ my fiance?

Hi All,

I am a contractor with limited company. Is it ok to take my fiance as an employee? She has no other job at present. Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance

Bushface

Originally posted by bushface
    Hi All,

I am a contractor with limited company. Is it ok to take my fiance as an employee? She has no other job at present. Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance

Bushface
    You can employ who the hell you want provided they have a right to work in the UK.

[If you are hoping to pay her anything that flows back to you you might want to be mindful of the settlements legislation though]

Comment

Don't employ her, just flip her over the settee and bang her back end out.
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Employ him then sexually harrass the bugger!

Its not sasguru is it?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Employ him then sexually harrass the bugger!

Its not sasguru is it?

Mailman
          Surely though that would be a abuse of power and privilege if you employed someone who you were also engaged with sexually. If discovered you will however be allowed to retain your job title, you will just not be allowed to have any responsibility.

Comment

Where is sasguru? Usually a comment like mine would elicit an immediate reply from the bugger!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
            X