• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP - worth a try?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP - worth a try?

According to DimPrawn's signature. Anyone agree? Poll to follow.
    yes
    29.41%
    no
    55.88%
    I will vote the same way as andyw
    14.71%

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    According to DimPrawn's signature. Anyone agree? Poll to follow.
    Here's a thought. If Scotland gained independance, would UKIP have to disband or rename themselves and GBIP?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      Here's a thought. If Scotland gained independance, would UKIP have to disband or rename themselves and GBIP?
      No. Next?

What has Scottish independence got anything to do with the naming conventions of UK / GB anyway? The only difference between the two is NI.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        No. Next?

What has Scottish independence got anything to do with the naming conventions of UK / GB anyway? The only difference between the two is NI.
        The key is the GB bit which means the Greater island of Britain which Scotland resides upon. If Scotland left then it would be the United Kingdom of most/some of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or the Not quite United Kingdom.......
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

UKIP is an insular, foreign-hating, middle-class version of the BNP.
          Their single-policy manifesto would turn Britain into an incestuous backwater.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            The key is the GB bit which means the Greater island of Britain which Scotland resides upon. If Scotland left then it would be the United Kingdom of most/some of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or the Not quite United Kingdom.......
            Great Britain would still be called Great Britain, but it would just be smaller. United Kingdom would therefore still be Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              No. Next?

If Scotland gains independance, then the term UK would no longer exist, unless you call it UK(excluding Scotland)IP.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

If Scotland gains independance, then the term UK would no longer exist, unless you call it UK(excluding Scotland)IP.
                No.... the definition would change, but there's no reason the term would cease to exist

I doubt UKw/oSIP would catch on either

Comment

The UK would still be valid, but you would have to redefine what the United Kingdom covers.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I'm a UKIP member. There was no choice really.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X