• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dolphin's human rights - the wider implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin's human rights - the wider implications

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17116882

They believe dolphins and whales are sufficiently intelligent to justify the same ethical considerations as humans.

Recognising their rights would mean an end to whaling and their captivity, or their use in entertainment.
    I am pro-dolphin for the following reason. If we apply the same ethical considerations to humans, their use in entertainment should be curtailed which means an end to all that X factor big brother cack on TV.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I remember reading about the tragedy of the deaths of hundreds of young dolphins.

They were found with massive internal damage and big percussion wounds, obviously caused by fishermen using some kind of blunt harpoon. So the fishermen were castigated in the usual way. But no one ever found one of the blunt weapons that was being used.

Till someone filmed a big male ramming a young male with his beak, causing his insides to burst and killing him stone dead. So when you see a family of dolphins playing, jumping out of the water, they are not playing. Its the young ones trying to escape being murdered, and the old males trying to protect their eating and sh@gging rights

so there is no doubt. they are just like humans

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What about mice?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Dolphins are the only other mammal to have sex for pleasure, for that reason I'm in!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I remember reading about the tragedy of the deaths of hundreds of young dolphins.

They were found with massive internal damage and big percussion wounds, obviously caused by fishermen using some kind of blunt harpoon. So the fishermen were castigated in the usual way. But no one ever found one of the blunt weapons that was being used.

Till someone filmed a big male ramming a young male with his beak, causing his insides to burst and killing him stone dead. So when you see a family of dolphins playing, jumping out of the water, they are not playing. Its the young ones trying to escape being murdered, and the old males trying to protect their eating and sh@gging rights

so there is no doubt. they are just like humans

There are also documented cases of organised rape. Apparently it's quite common. Not something the save the whales brigade like to bring up though.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What about mice?
            "Oh bollocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              There are also documented cases of organised rape. Apparently it's quite common. Not something the save the whales brigade like to bring up though.
              And the greenies want to end their captivity. Typical namby pamby, wishy washy, arty farty, tree hugging, airy fairy liberals, wanting to let the murderers and rapists loose and into our oceans
              keep em banged up I say, and none of that tuna porridge either, just sardines and water.
              Blue bottlenosed bastids

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Dolphins are the only other mammal to have sex for pleasure, for that reason I'm in!
                What about the French? Some of them do it for a laugh, too you know.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  What about the French? Some of them do it for a laugh, too you know.
                  ah m'seiu, ah arm not sure whedder to bonk mah mamselle or mah bottlenose.
                  Un has a funny noz and stinks of fish, but d ozzer is in de Pacific ocean right noww

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

And wasps.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X