• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A general discussion on Indian consultancies and racism...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A general discussion on Indian consultancies and racism...

Originally posted by wim121
    Agree with what jojogabor said. Never touch indian companies with a bargepole and be very careful even around indian contractors.

The generalisation of them having little respect for their fellow countrymen/colleagues/etc and using others for their knowledge, then dropping them like hot potatoes is very true. I say this after working for them and my mother used to work in india many moons ago and apparently., she found them to be just the same.

Outfits like wipro are so incompetent, they couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag that a previous aggrieved worker zip tied around their neck.

Ive found indian contractors will also have little knowledge (one I met apparently had an MCSE but didnt even know how to get in to safe mode) or will take every opportunity to stab yourself and other fellow contractors in the back if they think they can secure an extended contract themselves.

Now some of them may be ok, but I havent worked with them yet. trusting one of them, is like a woman trusting an albanian who promises them a summer job as a waitress abroad.
    Isn't there a general term for this? RACISM.
    Are you telling me that no English ppl have the above qualities? Please! I've seen tons of them. It all boils down to work ethics and personal value system.

And wait... An Indian graduate gets 3months of full time training - with countless tests, assignments. There is screening at every stage. You don't perform to the expected standard, you are out! In some companies, the last 3% of the batch are out- so its relative grading. Now coming to the real job itself, ppl work on avg 10hrs a day. And people less than 3-4 yrs experience usually are not sent onsite. What 'Indian workers not good' song are you singing?

I am an Indian and I find your post very offensive. I am a contractor and I have excellent reputation where ever I worked.

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
    Are you telling me that no English ppl have the above qualities? Please! I've seen tons of them. It all boils down to work ethics and personal value system.

And wait... An Indian graduate gets 3months of full time training - with countless tests, assignments. There is screening at every stage. You don't perform to the expected standard, you are out! In some companies, the last 3% of the batch are out- so its relative grading. Now coming to the real job itself, ppl work on avg 10hrs a day. And people less than 3-4 yrs experience usually are not sent onsite. What 'Indian workers not good' song are you singing?

I am an Indian and I find your post very offensive. I am a contractor and I have excellent reputation where ever I worked.
    Sorry I find the same. Most (not all) are useless. Seen enough of it not to be a one off. You've said it yourself "You don't perform to the expected standard, you are out" - Victorian dogma, staff treated like dogs.

"Now coming to the real job itself, ppl work on avg 10hrs a day" - I do mine in 7.5, as contracted.

I'm confused tho, we are contractors, not employees as you rant suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by dk75 View Post
      Two years ago i had two job offers, one was for an Indian consultancy as head of the virtualisation programme (Permie), and one was for an Infrastructure Director for an American organization (Contract). I declined the Indian consultancy role as I wanted to have a go in the Middle east. Two years later and having made a very good packet I decided that I had enough with the sh*t and let me elaborate a bit more on the specifics of the indian mafia.

Yes there is an Indian mafia as they are low paid, indecisive and keep saying yes sir
      They are incompetent in making an meanigful decisions on there own even in their own field.
      Unless you directly force them to make the decision they will refrain from doing so and wait to be micromanaged
      They are allergic to responsibility and have issues with accountability.
      Their number one priority is the blame game and how they can cover their arses.
      They can't organise anything that needs to have a decision made even if their life depended on it!
      They tend to go around the chain of command and complaint to the superiors regardless if in the meetings they had no leg to stand on (its just their nature and how they behave)
      They steal other people's ideas and knowhow and they present those same ideas as their own, however once confronted to discuss it in more detail they become silent as they are chancers...
      They look after each other as to who they will screw next and they tend to go in packs especially in management.
      Most of them in the middle east are stateless as even though they are born in the country they dont have the local nationality so they go back to Pakistan or India and they are desperate to get their hands in EU/US/Canadian passports and citizenship. I MEAN DESPERATE!!!!
      I negotiated a huge packet before i got there and they were desperate to find out how much i earned.
      When the bosses are not around is like the zoo with banging desks, shouting (to their country men) and generally dissapear on all sorts of sickys, family problems, training (you name the excuse and they already have it)
      Having said that there is a distinction between Asians born and bred in Western countries as i had some amazing engineers in my team which was very proud that i recruited, however the ones coming from the subcontinent are absolutely useless and they have a catalogue of certification (in all fields) but didnt know the basics when asked in interviews. You just know someone else did their certification and its a huge industry that makes money.

Finally I decided enough is enough, gave my months contract notice and will be returning back to the UK next month to begin my "work & life rehabilitation" as I want to go back to normality...

Wish me happy return's as I can't bloody wait!

DK

Mod note: removed the name of the Indian consultancy.
      Another RACIST post. Buddy, are u in India now? Your post is gross exaggeration of things and you sound really frustrated! Are u being thrown out because you are incompetent? its okay, you must have learnt a thing or two from there!

Are u saying you can't find people from the west fit into the crap you said above? As I said before, it all boils down to work ethics and personal value system. Nothing to do with nationality.
      Last edited by bluedrop; 22 February 2012, 22:17.

Comment

Racism? You are joking arn't you. God I ******* hate dogooders that bring the racism card in just because you are saying something that is not complimentary about a certain number of races. Taking us backwards not forwards when you can't even be honest.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Sorry I find the same. Most (not all) are useless. Seen enough of it not to be a one off. You've said it yourself "You don't perform to the expected standard, you are out" - Victorian dogma, staff treated like dogs.

"Now coming to the real job itself, ppl work on avg 10hrs a day" - I do mine in 7.5, as contracted.

I'm confused tho, we are contractors, not employees as you rant suggests.
          I too work for 7.5 hrs as contracted. Most of us do. I was talking about Indian employees in India. Yes, staff are under extreme pressure there. But they end up learning a lot

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Racism? You are joking arn't you. God I ******* hate dogooders that bring the racism card in just because you are saying something that is not complimentary about a certain number of races. Taking us backwards not forwards when you can't even be honest.
            When one says 'some people' and write a whole load of crap, that's not being a racist. But when one says Indians and write crap, that IS being a racist. Where is the point of me 'bringing in' the racism card? The posts i quoted say Indians are incompetent, they back stab, etc etc - what is that? They are directly referring to a particular race - hence called Mr Racist!
            Last edited by bluedrop; 22 February 2012, 22:12. Reason: To clarify my stand

Comment

When you say 'some people' and write a whole load of crap, that's not being a racist. But when you say Indians and write crap, that IS being a racist. Where is the point of me 'bringing in' the racism card? You say Indians are incompetent, they back stab, etc etc - what is that? You are directly referring to a particular race Mr Racist!
              LOL And what exactly have I said that is racist? My point made perfectly.

BTW I read the OP's talking about Indian contractors which is not a race. If he was talking about Indians as a whole I might be inclind to agree.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 22 February 2012, 21:59.

Comment

LOL And what exactly have I said that is racist? My point made perfectly.
                Did I quote YOU in my posts? Pls read what I quoted - very offensive. No two ways - clearly targeted racism.

Comment

Did I quote YOU in my posts? Pls read what I quoted - very offensive. No two ways - clearly targeted racism.
                  No but you called me Mr Racist. I don't believe I said anything racist. Anyway... Prof forums not the place to argue it.

Comment

No but you called me Mr Racist. I don't believe I said anything racist. Anyway... Prof forums not the place to argue it.
                    Sorry, that was 'you' as in referring to someone who posted racist comments. Not northernladuk. Edited my post to make this clear.

I too believe prof forums should maintain a level of mutual respect. Please read what I previously quoted. If you too find them offensive, report them. If you don't, then you know wht I think of you
                    Last edited by bluedrop; 22 February 2012, 22:12.

Comment

Working...
                    X