• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxpayer owned RBS makes £2bn loss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxpayer owned RBS makes £2bn loss

RBS pays £985 million in bonuses despite 2 billion loss | Reuters

So pays £985,000,000 in bonuses.

Good to see our taxes put to good use again.

I wonder how much RBS donates to the Conservative party?

What if the people they paid £1bn to avoided the loss being £5bn... then they're still a net gain to the balance sheet compared to bringing in cheap people who would screw it up.

When a company is in problems, you NEED to pay the best people you can find to try and save it. I'd expect a contractor on £500/day to know such things
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What if the people they paid £1bn to avoided the loss being £5bn... then they're still a net gain to the balance sheet compared to bringing in cheap people who would screw it up.

When a company is in problems, you NEED to pay the best people you can find to try and save it. I'd expect a contractor on £500/day to know such things

Comment

What I do know is I cannot afford to pay myself a bonus at the end of year if the money is simply not there.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          What I do know is I cannot afford to pay myself a bonus at the end of year if the money is simply not there.
          That's because you're a tinpot faux-company innit. Proper companies either have large cash reserves or proper credit facilities.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If the bonus is in the contract they have to pay it. There are several divisions in RBS and if one division has made tons of money then as per contract the employees in that division have to be paid a bonus.

Having said that, I remember Labour doing a deal when Northern Crock was nationalised in order to prevent employees from jumping ship. They promised every employee a bonus irrespective of the performance and when it made a gigantic loss the employees still got a bonus.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Meanwhile, in a far off universe, the people most affected by the bankers reckless gambling are being forced to work for less than minimum wage. We're all in this together™.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Meanwhile, in a far off universe, the people most affected by the bankers reckless gambling are being forced to work for less than minimum wage. We're all in this together™.
                And whilst govts in the USA, UK and EU effectively print money in order to support zombie banks and their bonus culture, oil is $123 a barrel and rising fast, where as in December it was $103.

Comment

Should have gone [bust] like Iceland.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Should have gone [bust] like Iceland.
                    No, no, privatise profits and nationalise losses. Only Fair.

Comment

Working...
                    X