• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban myth debunked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban myth debunked?

Is it still dangerous to look into a microwave oven while it's cooking something?

Just wondered like...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Is it still dangerous to look into a microwave oven while it's cooking something?

Just wondered like...
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Wasn't it RH who put his gf's hamster in a microwave and somehow the door got slammed?

The things one needs to do to become a mod.

Comment

Put your hand in front of it. If it heats up and starts crackling, then it's not safe and is probably tulip at cooking food too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Wasn't it RH who put his gf's hamster in a microwave and somehow the door got slammed?

The things one needs to do to become a mod.
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post561669

I wonder when the folk from peta are going to be round?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Look, you may say that but you're too young to know. It was a big deal when they first appeared.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Well I suppose I could have just googled it, if it was a serious question...

The Straight Dope: What keeps microwave radiation from leaking out the oven door?

(PS. I would have waited for Beaker but he's busy being a permie.)

Comment

Didn't ya learn about polarisation at school?

Another fun fact about microwaves-- take the turn table out and cook something. You can work out the wavelength from the cooking pattern it leaves.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  Didn't ya learn about polarisation at school?
                  Nope. I was going to be an astromomer until I hit 1st year physics.

(And don't get me started on the 3 exams in maths I took that all ended in 'U'.)

Keen but crap, that was me

As you can well imagine, following this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    (And don't get me started on the 3 exams in maths I took that all ended in 'U'.)
                    And that's why I ended up as the Senior Loan Manager in RBS.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X