• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector pay freeze- their dirty BIG secret

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector pay freeze- their dirty BIG secret

errrr lets not mention the fact that they are all on a pay escalator so even if the payrise is 0 they still typically get 7 and 8 % pa pay rises as they move up the scale every year and i dont believe its even performance related aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    errrr lets not mention the fact that they are all on a pay escalator so even if the payrise is 0 they still typically get 7 and 8 % pa pay rises as they move up the scale every year and i dont believe its even performance related aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    This is correct where salaries are banded/graded I know a few people who've still gone up an increment the only ones it really affects is those at the top of the scale.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Indeed.

Once you hit the top of the band, that's it.
      Until you get a promotion because you're buddy with the Senior Management or one of your relatives is popular within the place etc
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

My wife has been at the top of her scale for 3 years and recieved nothing more than the bare minimum inflation increase.

She's about to step over this management threshold and we will be pushing for a good jump as she has been waiting for some time.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          If it was performance related, they would be paying us

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
              I wish I had a payrise that was equal to inflation!

I had a pay freeze this tax year, a one percent rise the previous year, and a pay freeze the year before that. Imagine that... one percent in three years, whilst inflation is more like five percent per year (and the rest).

Do you think that maybe I'm a little bit pissed-off about QE and it's destructive effect on my level of wealth?!!
              Come to think of it I don't know the exact figures, probably didn't meet inflation.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                If it was performance related, they would be paying us
                Many of them are overpaid for the jobs they do it's been proven and yet they're still ungrateful
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  Many of them are overpaid for the jobs they do it's been proven and yet they're still ungrateful
                  Many are underpaid and we still complain about them.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We sure do, because almost everything they do is a shambles
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X