• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avast update broke my computer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avast update broke my computer

Just a caveat for you peeps. Avast! update today stopped my Win7 64-bit from booting. Uninstall in safe mode restored normality.

One less customer for Avast.

Didn't stop mine. Restarted fine and has been solid all day.

You should report it to Avast.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Mines fine as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There's a reason why it's called Avast. As in "Avast ye matey I am about to destroy your registry".
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Well it didn't destroy mine or Sue Ellen's.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Destroyed mine too. Had to do a safe mode uninstall.

Comment

Was fine with my Win 7 32bit

Comment

Updated without any problems on 5 x Windows 7 Pro (2 x 32bit & 3 x 64bit) here.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Destroyed mine too. Had to do a safe mode uninstall.
                  Humm, do you have Acronis installed too?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Humm, do you have Acronis installed too?
                    I've given up with acronis. I used the backup option but it didn't work. I lost a lot of work to that pile of pants.

Comment

Working...
                    X