• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Greeks might have to pay for their jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Greeks might have to pay for their jobs

Some Greeks Might Have to Pay for Their Jobs - Global - The Atlantic Wire

i thought that was how most of the greek civil service got their jobs? it was like the Navy before Pepys & co.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The situation has been much worse than the papers report for quite a while.

The OH has a greek friend who is bi-lingual and used to work as a teacher. Even with her credentials, she has found it near impossible finding work. Her husband isnt having much more luck; companies will take employees on, then come payday, skip out and move their operations elsewhere or just fire people that ask to be paid to work. That has been going on for years ....

Comment

I get fed up reading about Greece. It is very upsetting. Greece is in a death spiral and the bailouts are just prolonging the agony. And the ordinary greeks are suffering. I would like to see all the Brussels beaurocrats taken to a Nurembourg trials for crimes against humanity.

Next it will be the rest of the PIGS.

Comment

IMF, World Bank and the West in general was doing same tulip to other countries that borrowed too much - the chickens are coming home to roost however. At least they have nice weather in Greece and healthy food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

... Greece is in a death spiral and the bailouts are just prolonging the agony. And the ordinary greeks are suffering. ...

Next it will be the rest of the PIGS.
            WHS

But if Greece drops out of the EU, like a rabbit wriggling out of the talons of an eagle, it'll be an example of a counterintuitive point I've been making for years - Government debt means freedom for the people, and the higher the debt the more the freedom.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X