• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job's-worth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job's-worth

Job's-worth

Saturday morning I went to collect some mail from the Royal Mail office. In front on me were a lady and her six year old son. Her son was there to collect a recorded delivery parcel for his birthday. The postal clerk insisted that the kid showed ID before handing over the parcel, “Driving licence, passport, bank card or savings account book?” Nop, “Utility bills?” Nop… Mother offered her ID. “No good, it’s not addressed to you.” Mother and kid walk away in disgust. .
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Zee country ist becoming more and more German like with each passing day.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

From Friday's Little Sausage column:

Parp, parp! It's Postman Pedant
      More proof of identity madness. Carol Bowring sent her grandson, Hector, a present for his fourth birthday.
      There was no one at home when the postman tried to deliver it, so Hector’s mum took him along to the sorting office in Mortlake, South-West London, to collect it. Hector was in a small electric car.
      The clerk asked for identification. His mum produced her ID but was told that wasn’t good enough as the parcel was addressed to Hector.
      Have you got any identification for him, the clerk asked — passport, driving licence?
      Driving licence? He’s only four.
      The clerk refused to hand the present over, even after Hector looked up from his little car and said: ‘I can drive.’

Comment

Our postal service is a complete joke.

Often I go to the collection office to pick up parcels, and the hatch is open but nobody there. Anyone could reach in and grab anything they wanted.

Last time after ringing the bell numerous times and was about to give up and leave, a man walks out of the door to the back room, ignores me whilst he picks up his newspaper, sits down then looks at me as if I'd just magically appeared. "Yes?"

The post men aren't much cop either. We found a parcel the other week on our back lawn. It had been frisbee'd over the back gate and left there without a note through the door. It contained some clothes Mrs CS had ordered, and had a small rip on the corner of the package. The package had been there for a few days, had filled with water and was frozen solid.

Cretins.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Job's-worth

Saturday morning I went to collect some mail from the Royal Mail office. In front on me were a lady and her six year old son. Her son was there to collect a recorded delivery parcel for his birthday. The postal clerk insisted that the kid showed ID before handing over the parcel, “Driving licence, passport, bank card or savings account book?” Nop, “Utility bills?” Nop… Mother offered her ID. “No good, it’s not addressed to you.” Mother and kid walk away in disgust. .
          They should have stayed, even called the police, until they received their parcel. Seems like some jobsworth dont know the rules.

RM explicitly state that someone else may collect your mail if they can prove they live at the same address. That is the whole point behind ID'ing and collecting a signature. People should be aware of this before utilising the service.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Our postal service is a complete joke ................................
            Yea my towns post is just as bad. We used to never get 90% of our mail as the posties always confused our road, with another nearby with an ever so slightly similar name. When we do get letters, they're dog eared, rammed through letterboxes, etc etc.

So instead, we have all mail delivered to my mothers address where the postal service in her town is far better. Saves so much grief from missing parcels, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Yea my towns post is just as bad. We used to never get 90% of our mail
              How do you know it was 90%
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Used to get stuff from a book club years ago.
                Regularly the books would go missing. Turns out the postie was chucking the parcels over the back fence, as I was renting I didn't have access to the garden and I only found out where all the parcels were when the landlord had to get something from the back year and found loads of parcels, which had turned to mush over time sitting out in the rain.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Because we went around to the other persons house.

They are absolute pigs. We have had mail and people coming to the wrong address and directed them/hand re-redelivered mail, yet they have had stuff come through, like expensive university materials and just left it sitting on the side instead of dropping it around to us.

Some people are absolute 's ....

Comment

I've got some stuff waiting at the post office at the moment. Both are 'the sender has not paid the correct postage'

I hate the way they add costs to this so basically then can keep it. I wasn't expcting anything and it's always junk.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X