• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The American bus revival

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The American bus revival

Well who'd have thought it, poverty wagons are on the up.

Much of America's bus industry is now owned by two Scottish companies
    MacBus rules.

BBC News - The American bus revival

Motor coaches are the fastest growing form of long-distance transport in the United States, and British-owned companies are leading the charge. So has the US finally learned to love the bus?

"Imagine if William Shatner had crashed a plane into the side of a building. The airline industry would go crazy."

Dan Ronan, chief spokesman for the American Bus Association, has a bone to pick with Captain Kirk.

The object of his irritation is an advertisement for travel website Priceline, currently on heavy rotation on American television, which features William Shatner on board a bus that plunges over a precipice and explodes in a spectacular fireball.

The ABA feels the ad is in "poor taste" but what really irks the industry is that Shatner's bus is not a modern, air-conditioned vehicle with leather seats and wi-fi but a beaten-up museum piece from the 1950s.

According to the authors of a report by DePaul University's Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development, Megabus and BoltBus could even make bus travel "cool".
    The key to their success is offering tickets between major cities such as New York and Philadelphia, or Boston and Washington, for as little as $1 (63p), with typical one-way fares between $15 (£9.53) and $27 (£17.07).
    But the fact that they offer free wi-fi and pick up passengers on the kerbside - rather than bus terminals which are seen as dirty and intimidating - is also a factor, helping to make them popular with more affluent passengers and women travelling alone, according to the DePaul research.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I was wanting to read about that and someone suggested I look at bigbustycoons.com

Turns out it wasn't about the rich owners of large bus companies at all
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      I was wanting to read about that and someone suggested I look at bigbustycoons.com

Turns out it wasn't about the rich owners of large bus companies at all
      I saw that. Fantastic nature site about Racoons.

May I also suggest www.shavedbeavers.com
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bugger me, I just did my research and bigbustycoons.com IS actually about bus company owners !!

and amazingly enough, therapistfinder.com is somewhere you find a therapist

Also, you can buy a pen a penisland.com (amazingly enough)

Looking for a hotel reservation in Georgia ? Click here
        Last edited by TestMangler; 27 February 2012, 12:05.

Comment

Anyone needing assistance with their Gas Central heating ?

gasheating.com would be the place to go

Do people not read what their 'combined words' will look like when registering websites ???

Comment

Working...
          X