• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm no fan of the EDL but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no fan of the EDL but...

is it fair that they seem to get singled out for having to pay for policing and cleanup?

English Defence League to be sent bill for clean-up operation after rally in Hyde | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    is it fair that they seem to get singled out for having to pay for policing and cleanup?

English Defence League to be sent bill for clean-up operation after rally in Hyde | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk
    Someone has to pay for right wing Democracy.

Islam is of course a religion and therefore is exempt.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It is a bit harsh, but do knuckle dragging gorilla's have human rights?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Yes you do.

Comment

I bet the government would love to charge people for staging protets.

Only to offset the cost to the taxpayer.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Well they have the vote...

Comment

Usual double standards. Does anyone have to pay for all the demos in London by migrants about issues that have no relevance to the British?

Or all the anti cuts demos by unions and lefties?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They aren't being singled out. Groups from all areas of the political spectrum, and non-political event organisers, are frequently required to pay for policing and cleanup.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  They aren't being singled out. Groups from all areas of the political spectrum, and non-political event organisers, are frequently required to pay for policing and cleanup.
                  Links please?

Did the student demos pay?
                  Did Reclaim the streets pay?
                  National Strike?
                  Syrians????

Comment

If so, can't find any mention of it:

BBC News - London demo clean-up costs will be 'tens of thousands'
                    Shops in 'battle of Piccadilly' call on Boris Johnson to ban protests | News
                    BBC News - Call for London protest organisers to 'pay for damage'
                    Clean-up after student protests will take days and cost taxpayers dear | News
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X