• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did YOU do for SKA today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did YOU do for SKA today?

Not much? I thought so! :rolleyes

You can still redeem yourself by downloading and running distributed crawler from here. Version that runs on Linux is available despite the whole stuff being written in .NET!

May his Shadow fall upon you!

aTw, just out of interest, would you be interested in a bit of work?

Comment

reasonably fast CPU (1 Ghz+) and at least 256Mb of RAM, ideally 512Mb
      Disagree AtW. My node runs fine on a PII 400 Mhz with <200MB of RAM.

I think you requirements will put people off. More important is a fast internet connection.

Comment

work

Depends, what kind of work you have in mind?

Comment

Re: work

Down at the docks. Good looking lad like yourself.

Russian sailors :rolleyes

Comment

what kind of work you have in mind?
            Baby-sit. I hear you sit baby very well and when you no there we should ask for your brother Yuri. He very bad man......but he wants to be good!
            :rollin

Comment

Alexei doesn't do kinky stuff. Sorry SB. :rollin

Comment

Nothing definate yet, but it would be up your street. It involves trawling websites on a regular basis. If you are interested I can tell you more.

Comment

spec

Good point Dim -- I changed that now, at the time of writing (Jan-05) I did not expect it to run well on such a low spec hardware, but then a lot of effort went into optimising it so now it seems to be reasonably snappy even on low end hardware.

Comment

work

Ok EddieC - email me the details at alexc AT majestic12.co.uk -- if its (paid & legal) work from home then I am definately interested, ta.

Comment

Working...
                    X