• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ownart Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ownart Scheme

Has anyone bought some artwork on this scheme (10 months interest free loan backed by the government i.e. The Arts Council)?
    What is Own Art? | Own Art

Also have you bought any artwork through your LTD?

Loan to buy art?!??

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Loan to buy art?!??
      Interest free loan to buy artwork. Seems like a good deal to me if you like the work you're getting and think it's a good investment.

Keeps the money in the bank for longer and you get more interest as a result ... WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
        Interest free loan to buy artwork. Seems like a good deal to me if you like the work you're getting and think it's a good investment.

Keeps the money in the bank for longer and you get more interest as a result ... WIN!
        or you walk in with the cash and ask what discount you get by paying there and then. Last time I tried it I got 10% off which is virtually identical to what the gallery gets for selling a piece under that scheme.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          or you walk in with the cash and ask what discount you get by paying there and then. Last time I tried it I got 10% off which is virtually identical to what the gallery gets for selling a piece under that scheme.
          Last time I tried that at DFS they told me to fook right off

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Last time I tried that at DFS they told me to fook right off
            Only you would confuse a sofa with a work of art. No wonder it took you sooooo long to finally buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              And what did you subsequently do with Tracy Emin's soiled knickers?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Washed 'em, eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Twas a Jamie Hewlett original actually. Subsequently sold it back to him alongside some artwork he did in the early 90's.

Comment

Working...
                  X