• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a bus

Can I buy in a tax efficient manner a bus through the company? Can I then use the bus legally to drive in bus lanes?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Can I buy in a tax efficient manner a bus through the company? Can I then use the bus legally to drive in bus lanes?
    no

you need a PSV license for the vehicle which looks like a bus to make it a bus

Ditto with black cabs. They have to be a licensed black cab in order to use the bus lanes.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Will you be taking passengers? Maybe this could be a plan B for you, a job where driving like a tit is a useful skill...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Will you be taking passengers? Maybe this could be a plan B for you, a job where driving like a tit is a useful skill...
        Bad news for Russ... Bus drivers have to pass a test
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Unlikely given I earn more in an hour than a bus driver would earn if he worked till he was 350.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Unlikely given I earn more in an hour than a bus driver would earn if he worked till he was 350.
            The bus driver is better at maths than you, too.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Ditto with black cabs. They have to be a licensed black cab in order to use the bus lanes.
              Isn't there some sort of loophole regarding the congestion charge?
              Last edited by BrilloPad; 28 February 2012, 13:44. Reason: cheers doodab!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Isn't there some sort of loohole regarding the congestion charge?
                I'm sure that's unintentional but it's funny.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I'm sure that's unintentional but it's funny.

Anyway £80 trick to avoid paying C-Charge | News

Comment

I don't think BMW make buses

Comment

Working...
                    X