• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Masters Golf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masters Golf

Just wondering if anyone knew what sort of terrestrial free to air coverage of the Masters we're getting this year.

ISTR that ESPN or Sky showed the whole thing last year but BBC2 screened the final round live.

DS perhaps?

I haven't researched it, but we seem to get more and more live coverage each year.

In times past the Augusta members, being a little stuffy and laws unto themselves, used to allow only limited live coverage. However, since they broke other traditions by allowing Tiger Woods to become a member, I suppose the genie is out of the bottle.

I'm quite looking forward to it myself. It might inspire me to play a few holes and swing my mashie about.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Just wondering if anyone knew what sort of terrestrial free to air coverage of the Masters we're getting this year.

ISTR that ESPN or Sky showed the whole thing last year but BBC2 screened the final round live.

DS perhaps?
      IIRC the first two rounds were live on SKY, BBC showed highlights, and the final two rounds were live on both. I can't remember what I had for breakfast though so could be wrong....

I'm pretty sure Augusta still limits the amount of live coverage they allow to be screened, so for the opening couple of rounds there's only usually a reduced amount of footage available anyway.

And as for the winner I reckon wer'e in for a battle between McIlroy and Mickelson - could be a classic !

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
        And as for the winner I reckon wer'e in for a battle between McIlroy and Mickelson - could be a classic !
        Not sure if they'll feature in Augusta but I'm expecting big things from the Mollinari brothers this year.

Comment

Not sure if they'll feature in Augusta but I'm expecting big things from the Mollinari brothers this year.
          Golf is too hard to predict. Who'd have thought young Rory would get a good rogering from Hunter Mahan yesterday, who is virtually unkown outside the golf afficianado circles?

Four of the past five winners of the US Masters have been Zach Johnson, Immelman, Cabrera and Schwartzel, and I doubt anyone on here considered any of those, few had even heard of them beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Golf is too hard to predict. Who'd have thought young Rory would get a good rogering from Hunter Mahan yesterday, who is virtually unkown outside the golf afficianado circles?

Four of the past five winners of the US Masters have been Zach Johnson, Immelman, Cabrera and Schwartzel, and I doubt anyone on here considered any of those, few had even heard of them beforehand.
            There's quite a bit of evidence for the majors being won by complete outsiders being in the right place at the right time, when a so called big name 'chokes'. Makes Tiger's acheivements all the more impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
              There's quite a bit of evidence for the majors being won by complete outsiders being in the right place at the right time, when a so called big name 'chokes'. Makes Tiger's acheivements all the more impressive...
              Yes the yids kick in, though I think Augusta is a tournament where Mickelson will hold his own if he's under pressure as he's already win here twice.

Woods had too much to prove - it'll be like doing it all over again for him.

Comment

Yes the yids kick in, though I think Augusta is a tournament where Mickelson will hold his own if he's under pressure as he's already win here twice.

Woods had too much to prove - it'll be like doing it all over again for him.
                Were they Jewish? I suppose Zach is a bit of an Old Testament name, and Immelman and Schwartzel could be.

When I was a schoolboy I earned money caddying at a rich man's golf club in Hertfordshire. I think all the members there were Jewish. Most weekends I was on the bag of a regular player, and learned some fruity Jewish language from him and his mates. Oh how we laughed! All I can remember now is Schmuck.

Comment

Working...
                X