• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Clinton ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Clinton ...

Our American friends, Randy and Darlene from Portland, Oregon, are currently staying with us. As always the conversation is highly entertaining as they wrestle with our 'quaint' customs and sayings. Last night we spent a lively half hour discussing the differences between England, Britain and the UK and when we use each one (English Law, British Government, GB plates, UK Tax rules, internet.co.UK... on reflection it is a muddle).

Anyhow they told us it is almost certain that Hilary Rodham Clinton will be the next Democrat Presidential nominee and a big risk she could become President due to general disaffection with George W on Iraq.

Surely that could not happen, could it ?

Britain, England, the UK - did your American friends ask which one Paris was in?

Comment

Did they compliment you on how good your English was and then ask what language you speak amongst yourselves?

I was genuinely asked this about 10 years ago by a girl in Arizona.

Comment

Maybe this site will help them understand the UK a bit better...

Britain for Americans

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Smith
          Anyhow they told us it is almost certain that Hilary Rodham Clinton will be the next Democrat Presidential nominee and a big risk she could become President due to general disaffection with George W on Iraq.

Surely that could not happen, could it ?
          Would Hilary be any worse than Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney?

Comment

Maybe this site will help them understand the UK a bit better...

Britain for Americans
            That's actually quite amusing.

Comment

I somehow can't see the US 'electing' (I use the term loosely) a female president but, saying that, they have been letting the women-folk take on more senior roles in government these days.

There's something about Hilary Clinton that worries me...

Comment

It's possible she might run (and win) but i think she will wait to see who the republicans have running and if he is a strong canidate will wait till next time around.

As to "big risk", she is probably the least risky option the US (and the world) currently have, Clinton for all his banging the interns was a pretty good president so she got to see well how it "should be done", she's clever (though a dog would seem clever after bush) , well connected, experienced now in being the frontman herself and as coldly calculating as a leader needs to be.

Comment

Your avatar looks like a black rectangle.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Your avatar looks like a black rectangle.
                    When I don't look directly at it, your's looks like a blond.

Comment

Working...
                    X