• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow

I normally fly from Gatwick, but this time I'm booked out of Heathrow to the States

Any Parking recommendations?

TIA
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Yes, park at Heathrow this time.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I normally fly from Gatwick, but this time I'm booked out of Heathrow to the States

Any Parking recommendations?

TIA
      Real contractors have chauffeurs.

HTH.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Just use public transport. It'll probably be cheaper.

All the US airlines are leaving Gatwick now that they've fully deregulated the Heathrow to US market.

Comment

I park at home and catch the following

Heathrow - Piccadilly line straight there.
          Stansted - From Tottenham Hale direct to the airport.
          Gatwick - Victoria line to Victoria and the rail to the airport.

Very convenient.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I always prebook and take the best mix of cheapest\most convenient.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I always prebook and take the best mix of cheapest\most convenient.
              Park at my house, I'll charge you £50 for the week and drop off and pick you up from the terminal.

Cash only, no receipt provided.

Comment

Look at the official parking site "BAA Advance". Good (in fact very good) discounts are available for early booking.

However I get a cab these days when I can justify the cost (£250 from here) to avoid the long drive home upon my return.

Comment

Cab or tube for me depending on whether I'm reading a good book or not.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Park at my house, I'll charge you £50 for the week and drop off and pick you up from the terminal.

Cash only, no receipt provided.
                    A week !! wtf goes on hols for a week ?

2 weeks in the Spring

3 weeks summer

If I could ski then I'd probably do something like a couple of weeks in the Winter

What is the point of earning shed loads of cash if you don't enjoy it?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X