• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infanticide should be Legal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infanticide should be Legal

Link

They argued: “The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus”
    Pacha's comment: True, that's why I have a problem with abortion.

The authors therefore concluded that “what we call ‘after-birth abortion’
    (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion
    is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled”.
    Pacha's comment: No. No no no no no!
    This is eugenics, who wrote this article, Josef Mengele?

Human life is sacred and I dare say the reason I hold that view is because I believe in a God.

This is an inevitable consequence of the creeping secularism that seems to be pervading medical ethics these days.

It really wouldn't surprise me if, in a few years time, the elderly were being encouraged to undergo voluntary euthanasia, it really wouldn't.

I have a huge problem with abortion after 13 weeks. Before then it is basically a collection of cells and alot of women abort naturally during this time.

Comment

Pacharan can't be real can he? I can't even imagine that he's a sockie, though he could be a sockie of a sockie.

Comment

“the goal of the Journal of Medical Ethics is not to present the Truth or promote some one moral view. It is to present well reasoned argument based on widely accepted premises.”
        Quite, and that doesn't mean that 'after birth abortion' is likely to happen. I don't think it's likely to happen because most people, religious or secular, find it an appalling idea. No reason why an academic journal shouldn't allow the debate to take place.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I have a huge problem with abortion after 13 weeks. Before then it is basically a collection of cells and alot of women abort naturally during this time.
          Yes, I'd go along with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I don't think it's likely to happen because most people, religious or secular, find it an appalling idea.
            Well, the authors of the report didn't find it such an appalling idea.

Let's hope they're just a couple of mischief makers who think they're "out there" promoting such radical ideas.

Comment

In Sasguru or Churchill's case , their mothers should have a lifetime option to repair the mistake
              Last edited by Le Rosbif; 29 February 2012, 14:50.

Comment

I often feel like Infanticide. Then I liberally apply gin. To the kids and me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Quite, and that doesn't mean that 'after birth abortion' is likely to happen. I don't think it's likely to happen because most people, religious or secular, find it an appalling idea. No reason why an academic journal shouldn't allow the debate to take place.
                  I guess I agree - academic discussion is reasonable. It is an interesting debate. In some countries you can (IIRC) abort even at the point where the child would be more likely to survive than not if birth was induced, so the boundaries are already a bit blurred.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I guess I agree - academic discussion is reasonable. It is an interesting debate. In some countries you can (IIRC) abort even at the point where the child would be more likely to survive than not if birth was induced, so the boundaries are already a bit blurred.
                    In the UK it is 24 weeks - and some children survive at 20 weeks. Though those born under 26 weeks tend to have a shorter lifespan.

Children born at 28 weeks are 90% likely to survive and 32 weeks it is almost 100%.

Comment

Working...
                    X