• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

Partially dislocated my shoulder last year in July while Kayaking. Had immediate intensive physio for 3mths and steroid injections, with no improvement.

Turns out today after a MRI scan this week that I've caused a tear in my labrum, ripped nearly 2 thirds of the labrum from the bone, and need a bone shaving. keyhole surgery required. 3wks in a sling and 4-6 weeks no driving.

Plus side, new client who is more than happy for me to work from home, and I'll be back in a boat by mid-July! Boomed!

Just trying to convince the wife that a new kayak is need to motivate me to recovery quicker!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Just be careful, I knackered mine surfing in a kayak and despite two operations it's never really recovered

Don't exercise too early if the shoulder muscles get stretched two much you end up with a permanent weakness

Hopefully as you've only had one dislocation you should be fine if you take it easy for a while though
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Same thing happened to a mate of mine, exact same op. He was dead two weeks later.

Bus hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Just be careful, I knackered mine surfing in a kayak and despite two operations it's never really recovered

Don't exercise too early if the shoulder muscles get stretched two much you end up with a permanent weakness

Hopefully as you've only had one dislocation you should be fine if you take it easy for a while though
        Yep, only one dislocation, is classed as a sublux as not fully out. Just been very unstable for 7mths, consultant thinks I've been lucky for the reasons you said

Time will tell, and a slow recovery with the physio is the way forward me thinks (she is well fit!!)
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
        X