• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Wedding Planner Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Wedding Planner Thread

No point. You have no input whatsoever chaps.

Just get yourself out at lunch time to buy her something sparkly

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    No point. You have no input whatsoever chaps.

Just get yourself out at lunch time to buy her something big, expensive and sparkly
    FTFY

Or order online from Blue Nile, like I did. Experience in itself, learnt a lot about diamonds on there and the prices were better for the better quality that high street jewellers, visibly different, even to me as an consumer.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I was working abroad as the wedding was planned. Arrived on the Thursday, married Sat, honeymoon sunday. Didn't organise a thing. At the start of planning, I did try to get involved, quickly realised this wasn't a good idea.

Best thing I never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        I was working abroad as the wedding was planned. Arrived on the Thursday, married Sat, honeymoon sunday. Didn't organise a thing. At the start of planning, I did try to get involved, quickly realised this wasn't a good idea.

Best thing I never did.
        The things I organised were the Honeymoon and the rings, and a joint effort on the reception.

Other than that, all I had to do was pay.

Total in the end was around 20k all in, and the weather was glorious too.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          The things I organised were the Honeymoon and the rings, and a joint effort on the reception.

Other than that, all I had to do was pay.

Total in the end was around 20k all in, and the weather was glorious too.
          In all fairness, I tried to help, but aside from choosing the car (something I refused to give away), and picking my suit, I just knew she'd do it better than me. I insisted on an open bar, and thats about how far I got involved. In the end, happy the wife had complete control. Were it up to me, a short hop to gretna would have been my choice.

Lovely day mind, harvest moon, 30 degrees and it went really well.

I have never asked how much it cost. I am glad I haven't as well.

Comment

My wedding cost about 3k all in about 12 years ago. To be fair the dress and car were given as wedding presents and my Dad knew the hotel manager so got a discount on the reception.

Just as well as it ended about 3 years later
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My sister's wedding was at one of the Inns of Court. Nice hall for the reception, and church for the service. Then we went on to the Dorchester for a piss up. Must have cost thousands, but her father in law was a high court judge and loaded.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I got married last year. I got involved in nearly every aspect of the wedding, with the exception of the dress and other bridal related stuff. But then I'm a bit of a control freak and MrsRobin's organisational skills are a little off.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Married in 2009. Mrs BP organized it all and paid for it all. The day before I got an email with my itinery - when to drop daughter at hairdressers, when to get in car with best man etcetc.

The final line was :-
                  10.30 get married to me and look happy about it.

Comment

I swear never again, unless Kylie asks me.

Comment

Working...
                    X