• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Species thought extinct for 80 years found alive clinging 500ft up on remote Pacific

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Species thought extinct for 80 years found alive clinging 500ft up on remote Pacific

Is this the missing link? A species of Homo Monobrowus has been discovered clinging 500ft up a rock in the Pacific:

Its found some food.

Extinct 'tree lobster' found alive clinging to side of Pacific rock taller than Empire State Building | Mail Online

[How is it possible to look in the mirror and not have an overpowering desire to attack the monobrow with scissors?]

Do you know any monobrows?
    Yes, monobrow and proud
    0.00%
    No, I conceal it
    16.67%
    No, I haven't got one
    50.00%
    I know one
    0.00%
    All of AndyW's girlfriends have monobrows
    33.33%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is this the missing link? A species of Homo Monobrowus has been discovered clinging 500ft up a rock in the Pacific:

Its found some food.

Extinct 'tree lobster' found alive clinging to side of Pacific rock taller than Empire State Building | Mail Online

[How is it possible to look in the mirror and not have an overpowering desire to attack the monobrow with scissors?]

ah yes. a distant relative of the homo cylcopsis.

a particularly dim species, which proves beyond doubt that intelligence is proportional to the distance between the eyes

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      <----- Ahem...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Because we know we are hung like a donkey and have had your missus?

Mods - he is being Brow-ist - I want to claim compensation!

Where there is blame there is a claim!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Must remember not to include the place the Mail nicked the story and photos from in next Monday's links after all

Edit: it's from here at NPR - the Mail gives no attribution, so I will for them.
          Last edited by NickFitz; 2 March 2012, 01:36.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Because we know we are hung like a donkey and have had your missus?

Mods - he is being Brow-ist - I want to claim compensation!

Where there is blame there is a claim!
            Well at least you allow yourself to be identified; there may be a whole subspecies of monobrows living amongst us who conceal their ancestry. Surprised you can bag any missus donning that though, let alone someone else's.

Are you any good at climbing, and do you eat a lot of bananas?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Must remember not to include the place the Mail nicked the story and photos from in next Monday's links after all

Edit: it's from here at NPR - the Mail gives no attribution, so I will for them.
              Newspapers rarely provide citations in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It's the genetic legacy of all those Neanderthals.
                They must have been particularly tasty. You ate the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The papers seem to be doing that more and more these days, especially the Telegraph.

I've been scanning some old New Scientists from five years ago, and two or three times seen recent "news" articles in them.

That insect story was also in New Scientist several years ago.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X