• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow - Phonecall from Client Legal Dept

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - Phonecall from Client Legal Dept

I have recently sent some requested contract amendments to a new client following an IR35 review.

I had a call from their Legal and Compliance dept this morning about these, and my immediate thought was "Oh here we go"

They started by thanking me for my input as they are reviewing their contract which was already pretty IR35 compliant aware. ASked where I got the information and they would be ammending their master contract. Also agreed different payment terms and a reduced public liability insurance.

I wish all clients were this responsive!

Excellent! Perhaps send them he link to the PCG standard contract so they can have a read of that too

Contract templates | PCG
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      Excellent! Perhaps send them he link to the PCG standard contract so they can have a read of that too

Contract templates | PCG
      Only available to PCG members
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
        There's a free one there too that gives an exmaple of the main clauses though

Comment

And you're not a member?

Tell them that if they want some free help with this PCG offices will be happy to get in touch and assist.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
            There's a free one there too that gives an exmaple of the main clauses though
            It looks like it's just the "Working through an agency" ones that are free. Or am i being blind

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
              And you're not a member?

Tell them that if they want some free help with this PCG offices will be happy to get in touch and assist.
              Yes v8gaz, i'm a member. Just thought i'd mention incase the client's legal dept were not members.

Comment

It looks like it's just the "Working through an agency" ones that are free. Or am i being blind
                No you're right, but that contract is still useful for getting an idea of the phrasing.

Comment

Ok, the chances that both client and contractor in any relationship are both PCG members is slim!

The office would be happy to get involved, as the more clients that have an IR35 friendly contract in play the better, as far as PCG is concerned. Let me know if you want them to get involved.
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

I'm a PCG member, so will be sending the new client a copy of the PCG recommended contract. If PCG are willing to talk to them, please private message me and I will pass on the details, any chance to improve the understanding of the realtionship between contractors and clients is worthwhile

Comment

Working...
                    X