• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DoublePlusGood or is it just me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoublePlusGood or is it just me

Google business news headlines:

Telegraph.co.uk
    Petrol prices to reach record high
    The Press Association - ‎39 minutes ago‎

Petrol prices are set to reach an all-time high, piling pressure on Chancellor George Osborne to cut fuel taxes. The average price of a litre of petrol on Wednesday this week was 137.34p, with the AA predicting that the record high of 137.43p, ...

Boston.com
    Oil price falls back from 43-month high
    BBC News - ‎1 hour ago‎
    Oil prices have dipped from a 43-month high after Saudi Arabia denied reports that a key pipeline had exploded. Brent crude fell back to $125.6 a barrel after jumping almost $6 to $128.40 in New York on Thursday.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

I needed to fill up with diesel the other night in Basingstoke so I drove across town to Sainsbury's where I expected it to be cheaper.

£143.9 / litre for diesel & £134.9 / litre for unleaded. A whole 9p / litre difference; I had to ask the girl on the checkout if it was some kind of mistake.

Comment

Just filled up with diesel @ £1.44.9 / litre in Surrey

£124.18 per tankful and with moving locations have lost the ability to expense the client

that 45p @ mile allowance should be raised
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        that 45p @ mile allowance should be raised
        1 gallon of petrol is about £7.

At 20mpg you are getting £9 back.
        At 30mpg : £13.50
        At 40mpg : £18

Just get a fuel-efficient car.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The reason why diesel is more expensive is because it is taxed more than petrol. It actually costs less to produce diesel.

The sudden rise in fuel prices is caused by the US insisting that the UK stops buying fuel from Iran from July and Iran in turn has stopped supplying the UK because the UK is 6 months and £600m behind with its bills and will only service new long term contracts with payment up front.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Wear and tear? Tax? Insurance?

Once these are factored into the equation, it doesn't look so generous.

Comment

You're not supposed to be making a profit from it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Wear and tear? Tax? Insurance?

Once these are factored into the equation, it doesn't look so generous.
                clever man
                Only Pach could spot that a 20mpg car doesn't wear out anywhere near as fast as a 40mpg car
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  The reason why diesel is more expensive is because it is taxed more than petrol. It actually costs less to produce diesel.

The sudden rise in fuel prices is caused by the US insisting that the UK stops buying fuel from Iran from July and Iran in turn has stopped supplying the UK because the UK is 6 months and £600m behind with its bills and will only service new long term contracts with payment up front.
                  Most of the price difference is because diesel contains more energy per litre. When you work it out as price per megajoule (or price per mile) diesel is actually slightly cheaper.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

averaging 28-29 mpg but currently doing 500+ miles per week so oil changes have now become a factor

I lurve my 16 year old 4x4 too much to swap it for a Aygo or similar

Although I am toying with replacing it with a more modern variant this year which allegedly should take it over the 32mpg
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X