• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hardare/softare features you could do without

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardare/softare features you could do without

1) The insert button - nothing more annoying than to be typing away only to realise that you've inavertently hit the insert button and have subsequently typed over something you want to keep.

2) The whole My Documents thing where everytime you you want to save or open something from an application you are (by default) in some subfolder nested 50 levels under the My Documents folder.

3) The way Excel saves the scroll state of a spreadsheet - happened to me the other day - had to run some ad hoc queries based on the contents of a spreadsheet. When I opened it it was vertically scrolled 75% to the end and I only looked at what was immediately visible downwards.
    Last edited by wurzel; 2 March 2012, 11:38.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    1) The insert button - nothing more annoying than to be typing away only to realise that you've inavertently hit the insert button and have subsequently typed over something you want to keep.
    Ctrl-Z

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Is your "w" key broken?
      He has decided that spell-check is one software feature he can do without.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Oh Dear. Laughed off the board

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          2) The whole My Documents thing where everytime you you want to save or open something from an application you are (by default) in some subfolder nested 50 levels under the My Documents folder.
          That's never happened to me. By default you might be in the My Documents, but why would you be in a random subfolder of it?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Caps Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Caps Lock.
              i USE IT ALL THE TIME.

Sadly the habit of capitalising 'I' is hard to unlearn.

Comment

The Windows Key not much use on non windows systems, hardware should be OS agnostic, talk about bad design.

Comment

The windows key is very useful on Macs. Which also have an OS-specific button. Hardware and software are supposed to overlap and complement each other, that's why iPod was so popular.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The windows key is very useful on Macs. Which also have an OS-specific button. Hardware and software are supposed to overlap and complement each other, that's why iPod was so popular.
                    But a keyboard is a general device that can be removed and attached to any PC with the correct port, hardly as tightly coupled as the Ipod is to its OS.

Comment

Working...
                    X