• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendation for B&B or cheap hotel for commute to St Paul's tube station, London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for B&B or cheap hotel for commute to St Paul's tube station, London

All

Does anyone know of any good reasonably priced hotels or preferably B&Bs which would mean a reasonably short commute (30 mins or less) to St Paul's in London please?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by backgammonbod View Post
    All

Does anyone know of any good reasonably priced hotels or preferably B&Bs which would mean a reasonably short commute (30 mins or less) to St Paul's in London please?

Thanks for your help.
    HolidayInn in Southwark, is approx 10 mins walk on the other side of the river.
    what's your budget like? There are some great apartments near Towerhill area as well.

Comment

All

Thanks for your help.
      Quite a few round my way - SE London. St Pauls is about 5 minutes walk from Cannon Street. Here is one I picked at random near mottingham Bed and breakfast in Near Mottingham, New Eltham and Chislehurst (Southeast London) - B&B Net Ref No. LMB001 . Not sure where you are living now - but one advantage is that this area is very close to the M25.

Comment

A few weeks ago you could have just camped up for free
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://www.airbnb.com

Never failed me yet. After using airbnb you'll avoid using a hotel again, especially those near heathrow airport.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hotels in London | Hotel Results | LondonTown.comDont bother with the breakfast part, it is usualy a rip off. You would be better at a local cafe for a mug of T and a bacon banjo.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Hotels in London | Hotel Results | LondonTown.comDont bother with the breakfast part, it is usualy a rip off. You would be better at a local cafe for a mug of T and a bacon banjo.
              or a chocolate banjo if that is your thing...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My budget is about £90 - £100 per night, but of course less is possible.

Comment

My budget is about £90 - £100 per night, but of course less is possible.
                  I'd call Holiday Inn. Long term they tend to let you have some good rates. In Edinburgh, I got a long term rate of 50+ days at £55. Newport more or less the same. Let you leave the bags over the weekend too. I think as they are franchised, once you get there, you can discuss it with the business manager about rates. They also have a good card point system which gets the Mrs and I over to France 4 times a year to their resort in Le Touquet which is rather nice.

Comment

Thank you for your recommendations, especially the Holiday Inn at Southwark. Unfortunately as I need something for tomorrow for the rest of the week, it worked out understandably a touch on the expensive side at £149 per night, so opted for the cheaper Ibis London City. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X