• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Starkey on Question Time last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Starkey on Question Time last night

Anyone else see it? He was, as usual, a hoot!

It's a shame he's such an obnoxious tw@t because he really does speak a lot of sense. But the sense gets lost in the style of delivery.

LOL anyway I enjoyed it. He managed to offend women early on and had a sort-of go at muslims later

I watched the first 10 minutes and I found he was his usual obnoxious prat self. So turned it off as it appears that everyone was ganging up on him. (nice pun eh?)
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I can't watch it any more.

The guests are dull and the way the audience sometimes rounds on a panel member who isn't on the same page just annoys me.

Sounds like last night's show was a case in point - though I must admit if I'd have known Starkey had been on I may have watched for a bit just to see what he was going to spout next.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Anyone else see it? He was, as usual, a hoot!

It's a shame he's such an obnoxious tw@t because he really does speak a lot of sense. But the sense gets lost in the style of delivery.

LOL anyway I enjoyed it. He managed to offend women early on and had a sort-of go at muslims later
        KUATB
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is saw the last 35 mins.

He was pretty bigoted and annoying.

He made sense on some things.

Comment

I thought he was very good actually. The way he shot down the fat bloke said that they shouldn't keep talking about the way Labour left the economy was a highlight. Why should they be excused etc. I can see how he probably bug people, but I thought he was the best person on there last night! Although that wouldn't be too difficult!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

This is what makes me very cross. All the time I hear Labour and their supporters have a crack about the economy, I feel like stabbing the TV; who the **** got us here? Ed Balls, him, I would defintely go to jail for...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Didn't read that thread, I assumed it was by or about Suity

Comment

just watching the first half now.

He really smacked down that Labour propaganda guy.

Thought the Tory guy performed very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                    This is what makes me very cross. All the time I hear Labour and their supporters have a crack about the economy, I feel like stabbing the TV; who the **** got us here? Ed Balls, him, I would defintely go to jail for...
                    It's OK blaming the previous party for the first year, but that excuse becomes old quickly, they've had plenty of time to get a handle on the economy and have failed, cutting too fast caused growth to stall, anyone with a basic knowledge of economic would have predicted that.

Comment

Working...
                    X