• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging for carrier bags!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging for carrier bags!

It's beginning to get on my tits. Last month I went to B&Q bought 13 items for about £40 paid on credit card. The cusomer advisor then just looked at me blankly. 'Can I have a bag?', '5p' came the reply. I don't have 5p, a shrug of the shoulders. I picked my stuff off vowing next time they could keep all the stuff.

Just been into WHSmiths to buy a book(of a personal nature). Went to the counter, the fat fooking gurning shop assisting cretin behing the counter barely looked up. Took the book, added a voucher. Then a leaflet. Then another voucher. My credit card went through. He then placed a credit card receipt on top. Then the receipt. Not saying a word.

"Can I have a bag please?" '1p' he replied. 'I don't have 1p'. Silence. Big queue building.

I offered my card. 'I'm not doing that it's stupid'.

'Fine. If you no bag. No sale. Refund me the money'

Not a word, refunded me the money & I left. WTF is wrong with customer service in this country.
    Yes
    53.33%
    No
    40.00%
    I am Brillopad / Andyw
    6.67%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Certainly I see one cretin in those stories.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When I lived in Switzerland in eighties they already had strong paper bags made from recycled paper in the supermarkets.

I never did understand why they didn't catch on over here?

Also I think charging for carrier bags is right. Anything to reduce packaging waste. Bananas sometimes get sold in plastic bags FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Just been into WHSmiths to buy a book(of a personal nature).
        Is that supposed to mean pron or something? Or was it top shelf material? Now you are engaged is Mrs MF not putting out anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          When I lived in Switzerland in eighties they already had strong paper bags made from recycled paper in the supermarkets.

I never did understand why they didn't catch on over here?

Also I think charging for carrier bags is right. Anything to reduce packaging waste. Bananas sometimes get sold in plastic bags FFS.
          It's the service. They don't even ask you or tell you. You finish the transaction with some moron who makes Doogie look clever, head to one side with dribble down their face(like Doogie) and after you've paid with a credit card(your only form of payment) then tell you it's 1p,5p,10p.

I was not going to be walking around town holding a book on penis enlargement for Suityous birthday.

Comment

There is a 5p carrier bag charge in Wales full stop, it not only encourages recycling but also the money goes to charity should you need to buy carrier bags.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I was not going to be walking around town holding a book on penis enlargement for Suityous birthday.
              Are you sure you are not going to sneek a peek first?

Good andyw option btw - I am impressed! I would give you rep but apparently I have to spread some around first. I wish I could do the same with my sex life...

Comment

It gets worse than this - I pick lots of stuff and the checkout person asks: do you want a bag? F**k yes, I am not Harry Potter to magically lift all the stuff and carry it away?

Supermarkets should have taken pro-customer policy and tell to fook right off anybody who tries to force them this tulip, even if it's the law pay 5p per bag and increase prices to take that into account and provide good service.

Comment

It's about social reponsiblity does it not prompt you to think perhaps I should be reusing other bags or recycling more?
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    It's about social reponsiblity does it not prompt you to think perhaps I should be reusing other bags or recycling more?
                    "Seriously, f**k off you left wing bleeding heart tree hugger. Real AtW"

Comment

Working...
                    X