• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So whats the Dalek hierarchy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats the Dalek hierarchy

I shouldnt be asking this but I am curious to know is Emperor Dalek more senior to Dalek supreme , or black dalek or whatever.

As their creator, I regard myself as the top dog. I understand there has been some dissent on that front though.

Comment

http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/dalek-hierarchy.html

Comment

Emperor Dalek

Darlings, that Emperor look is just soooo last season.

Comment

I thought there was a red dalek on this board. He's not mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
            I thought there was a red dalek on this board. He's not mentioned.
            Films (and therefore the funky Red Daleks) are sadly excluded as they tell the same stories as TV adventures so they can't really co-exist

As soon as the Red Daleks move in, bang, there goes the neighbourhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
              Darlings, that Emperor look is just soooo last season.
              You are very wise, o Emperor.

Dalek Supreme in "knows his place" mode.

Comment

They must have been great, the daleks. No cgi in those days. Were they the talk of the playground when they first appeared? Or were they only watched by sad kids who couldn't play footy?

Comment

I had no idea there was a dalek hierarchy! But I couldn't help noticing they're all exactly the same shape, just different colours. So is it multilayered racial oppression, or do they just have a respray when they get promoted?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                    They must have been great, the daleks. No cgi in those days. Were they the talk of the playground when they first appeared? Or were they only watched by sad kids who couldn't play footy?
                    For sure. The whole country was seized in a craze known at the time as Dalekmania. It was the first major merchandising coup inspired by something on the screen. In terms of success, it really was the Star Wars of its day.

There was a documentary about it floating around once upon a time of which the following is a review from the New York Times:

Dalekmania is a sometimes fascinating, sometimes bizarre, documentary which takes a look at the English pop culture phenomena surrounding Doctor Who. Focusing mostly on the two feature-length films made with actor Peter Cushing as the good doctor, there is enough here to entertain fans of the television series as well. Die-hard fans of the films are interviewed, explaining or rationalizing their fevered obsession of all things Daleks. It's probably difficult for many outside of Britain to fathom the outright hysteria the Daleks had on the youth at the time. Even John Lennon expressed his love of the mysterious Daleks, although reports of the Beatles embedding hidden messages to the tyrannical aliens in their songs have been grossly exaggerated.

Comment

Working...
                    X