• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get UK manufacturing up and going again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get UK manufacturing up and going again

Mary Portas's bottom line - Telegraph

At the very least Mary Portas deserved a civil honour for even attempting to get this up and going.

We need thousand of her.

If any of the cuk ladies want a free pair you just have to pop round to my place and model them and you can have them for free......

And I had to tag this thread with guinea pigs myself - hopefully this means the guinea pig taggers group will accept my application soon....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And I had to tag this thread with guinea pigs myself - hopefully this means the guinea pig taggers group will accept my application soon....
      Check your inbox ze approval PM...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        They don't have many bloody sizes left.

One of the things that annoys me about buying things in the UK is the lack of stock.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

£10 for a pair of kecks? That'd get me 20 pairs down the market.

Comment

Whats the point when our government rewards the big contracts to anyone but ourselves.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

and make sure you only buy cherry blossom shoe polish
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

One IT job per bottle of whisky.

-- Call me Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  £10 for a pair of kecks? That'd get me 20 pairs down the market.

True - but it does say in the article these are high end and people will pay £30 for similar(but made abroad) elsewhere.

Personally I would be prepared to pay a bit more for products made in the UK. And getting the stuff at a third of the price is superb!

Comment

Working...
                  X