• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor blacklist confirmed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor blacklist confirmed

£150 to the usual place.m.guardian.co.uk

Blacklists of lefties eh? Terrible. We should immediately tackle that discrimination by allowing successful lefty companies to hold blacklists of righties. Oh hang on, there aren't any.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Trade unionists fair enough perhaps, after all who would want to employ them in this day and age, but this:

Dave Smith, a 46-year-old engineer who had a 36-page file against his name and was victimised repeatedly for highlighting safety hazards on sites, including the presence of asbestos.
      doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Trade unionists fair enough perhaps, after all who would want to employ them in this day and age, but this:

doesn't seem right.
        A typical do gooding told you so pointer outer. I suppose employers can at least do a sense check before hiring Doogie.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          A typical do gooding told you so pointer outer. I suppose employers can at least do a sense check before hiring Doogie.
          36 pages does seem a lot.

Comment

Mesothalisoma isn't a nice way to die. I'd support anyone, even a deep red-dyed commie, who pointed it out as a hazard. I do wonder what the other 35 pages or so had in them.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Read that article carefully. You will see that running such a database is a criminal offence and probably not the best thing to do.

There is a strong reason why HR never says anything more than worked here between x and y.

The only reason why the people on the list are not millionaires is because no one knows who to pin a court case on. Now the police or MI5 seem to be part of the system I think that issue will be resolved.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Mesothalisoma isn't a nice way to die. I'd support anyone, even a deep red-dyed commie, who pointed it out as a hazard. I do wonder what the other 35 pages or so had in them.
                I read stuff on the blacklist before and one guy found out that in his dossier the vast majority of it was untrue i.e. they made up incidents of him causing trouble when nothing of the like happened.

If you are ethical enough to point out one serious health and safety flaw they then make up other stuff on you to put in the dossier to ensure you are definitely blacklisted.

People tend to be forgiven with one "mistake" but not pages of it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Only 100 victims? I would guess there is a far larger list out there .....

Ive always wondered if it can be downloaded to see if me or anyone I know is on there ??

Comment

Working...
                  X