• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Dropbox Users

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO Dropbox Users

I know a fair few people on here use Dropbox, especially after I whored my referrals out (just in case you missed it here is the link, so you all would be delighted to have lot more free space

(2/23) - Experimental Forum Build - 1.3.19 « Dropbox Forums

The Dropbox Blog » Blog Archive » Your photos, simplified (Part 1)

Playing around with the beta client can get you upto another 3.5gb worth of space.

Enjoy
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

You can't afford a few RAIDed disks connected via fast LAN or something?

A full "off-cloud" backup under your control is totally essential and if you do that then why bother with ze cloud? It's not like you can upload data fast there anyway, or download for that matter - one day you'll wake up and find that your favourite cloud storage is closed by the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

A full "off-cloud" backup under your control is totally essential and if you do that then why bother with ze cloud? It's not like you can upload data fast there anyway, or download for that matter - one day you'll wake up and find that your favourite cloud storage is closed by the FBI.
      +1. I do use dropbox but only for deploying code to servers. It was suggested by pud (of f**kedcompany.com) and while insane does make deploying to multiple servers a breeze.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"a few RAIDed disks connected via fast LAN or something" is brilliant if you are on the same lan, I am often not.

I have my itunes installed into dropbox, so when I am on my PC or my Macbook I have the same itunes, also have lots of shared folders with other people for photos of the kids etc. All my company information is stored between my company and personal computers. I also have lots of utilities that I use for fixing computers etc which being in Dropbox means I can access them on other peoples machines.

I also have a 4TB ReadyNas Duo for full redundancy, but with backups can you ever have enough?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          with backups can you ever have enough?
          That's true - we had to buy like 300 TB worth of LTO tapes for SKA last year and already gone through most of them

Comment

Working...
          X