• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Connections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connections

Just read this on the BBC

We should stop apologising about taxes: if people pay more tax as they work harder it will discourage us from an even more fevered way of life, sacrificing further our relationships with family and friends. We should also persist with income redistribution, since an extra £1 gives more happiness to poor people than to rich. That argument also implies redistribution to the Third World.
    Our living standards are not threatened by China or India.

In fact we are in a new situation for mankind where further wealth-creation is now unnecessary for survival.
    Lord Layard is a contributor to The Happiness Formula which is broadcast on BBC Two on Wednesdays at 1900 BST.

Well I thought. Sounds like something straight out of Tony Blair's gob.

So I stick Lord Layard and Tony Blair into MSN Search.

"Lord Layard, an economist and chief Downing Street advisor, ...."

c u n t

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    if people pay more tax as they work harder it will discourage us from an even more fevered way of life
    Without wanting to sound like a bit of a dull tw@t this has to be by far the dumbest NL bollox ever. This guy is supposed to be an economist.

Nevermind 9 days til the next invoice goes in....

Comment

This dumb Lord Layard, doesn't seem aware of a basic law of work: "the more you get paid the less you have to work". So his proposition is utter bollox and the exact opposite of the reality, which is the harder you work the less tax you pay (because you are getting paid less in the first place).

Doesn't surprise me in the least that he's some loon advising the #10 bunch of hopeless fsckwits.

People like that truly disgust me as their machinations eventually force poverty traps onto those very same people they claim to be helping. The utmost height of hypocrisy.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

<stab><stab><stabbity><stab><stab><stab>

I'm disgusted!

Comment

Working...
        X