• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone hired a castle/stately home for a do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone hired a castle/stately home for a do?

Exclusive Use Venues | Luxury Venues | Castles for Hire | Wedding Venues | House Parties

Has anyone hired out a big private estate / castle / stately home for a party / week?

Got to have accomodation for 20 - 40+

Looked at these sites before but never booked anything. Anyone done one of these?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

If you want one for 3 weeks this summer then I know a place in Wandsworth that's pretty cheap.

Comment

There is a wedding show on at Earls court or Olympia at the moment / soon. Why don't you go and have a look round.

Edit: You missed it. You'll have to go to Brum. Perhaps you can kip on AtW's sofa?

http://www.nationalweddingshow.co.uk/
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Exclusive Use Venues | Luxury Venues | Castles for Hire | Wedding Venues | House Parties

Has anyone hired out a big private estate / castle / stately home for a party / week?

Got to have accomodation for 20 - 40+

Looked at these sites before but never booked anything. Anyone done one of these?
        Yes, are you planning to pay for all of it otherwise its a sodding nightmare?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just use one of my own.

- DP

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yes, are you planning to pay for all of it otherwise its a sodding nightmare?
            Saw two places today. First place was a hotel. £3000 for exclusivity, plus had to pay for 15 rooms at £100 each. You get exlusivity from 1pm until 11am the next day. Plus a corkage charge of £15.50 a bottle of wine, plus you have to choose their food.

The second we wanted to book the whole hotel(ie. 27 rooms) for two nights. They wanted £28000.

I fancy going for a private house. Marquee in the grounds. Arranging my own catering company and a booze cruise to Calais so I'm not stung my greedy hotel spekulants.

I was thinking either book a place for 3 days or a whole week and for those people who wanted to make a decent break out of it they could.

What did you do?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Saw two places today. First place was a hotel. £3000 for exclusivity, plus had to pay for 15 rooms at £100 each. You get exlusivity from 1pm until 11am the next day. Plus a corkage charge of £15.50 a bottle of wine, plus you have to choose their food.

The second we wanted to book the whole hotel(ie. 27 rooms) for two nights. They wanted £28000.

I fancy going for a private house. Marquee in the grounds. Arranging my own catering company and a booze cruise to Calais so I'm not stung my greedy hotel spekulants.

I was thinking either book a place for 3 days or a whole week and for those people who wanted to make a decent break out of it they could.

What did you do?
              Not the same thing. We organised it as a friends reunion. Everyone agreed its a great idea until they actually had to start forking out the money. It turned into a nightmare as I had to strong arm (I know, I know) my wife's uni friends into paying what they had agreed to.

One thing to check is the price of the Marquee. They don't come cheap and could easily add another 2-3,000 to your bill.

I wasn't joking when I suggested Neckter island and doing it abroad (actually that island was a joke but the actual suggestion wasn't). Trying to do it in this country will be a sodding nightmare. Head to somewhere you fancy going to and sub the friends that can't afford all of it. Even after that it will still be cheaper.
              Last edited by eek; 4 March 2012, 21:51.

Comment

27 rooms??

I dont know about the poor guests, but the cuk sockpuppets will be 15 to the room
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  27 rooms??

I dont know about the poor guests, but the cuk sockpuppets will be 15 to the room
                  Mrs MF drew up a list of guests. My friends and family came to 12. Hers 108.

This looked appealing until I clocked the actual price.

Caithness holiday Castle rental with golf, walking, beach/lake nearby, rural retreat, TV, DVD

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    27 rooms??

sockpuppets are only socks. You can fit a few hundred in a single suitcase.

Comment

Working...
                    X