• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paxman on "The British Empire".

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paxman on "The British Empire".

Shock!

Horror!

It was all a giant con!

Ruling 100M people with 6000 Brits!

Well there's a surprise.

And the Zionist terrorist didn't say thankyou for the Balfour Declaration.

And now we're having trouble just hanging on to the Falklands.

Not seen it yet but have it recorded.

Comment

Rather enjoyed it. Message was what David Starkey said but in much less provocative way. It rarely pays to interfere in the affairs of other countries. Partition of India, creation of Israel, installation of Shah of Iran as absolute monarch, invasion of Afghanistan, all insane moves that cause us endless grief today. The only thing you can say in their favour is that probably other events equally as crap would have happened anyway.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        And now we're having trouble just hanging on to the Falklands.

Not seen it yet but have it recorded.

And Scotland... It's not looking for you Empire guys is it? What does Darth think you should do?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          What Paxo didn't point out was that up until 1857 & the Indian Mutiny, India was ruled by the East India Company.

Perveyors of fine opiates to the Chinese etc.
          Reminds me of the time when I went to a Meeting in the former offices of the East India Company in Calcutta. The wood panelling had so many layers of polish on it you could almost see your face in it.
          If those walls could speak...........
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Reminds me of the time when I went to a Meeting in the former offices of the East India Company in Calcutta. The wood panelling had so many layers of polish on it you could almost see your face in it.
            If those walls could speak...........
            Good job you couldn't catch your face hey ginge, if they did, they'd have said, stop fannying about fatso, and get the boss in

Comment

Working...
            X