• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby P's father gets £75,000 libel damages from The People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby P's father gets £75,000 libel damages from The People

BBC News - Baby P's father gets £75k libel damages from The People

Is this a case of an innocent man forced out of his child's life then sufffering a second time?

Or a feckless father who abandoned his child and deserved the people story and should now give the money to charity?

I guess the truth will lie between the two - but as ever with cuk let us not bring facts into a decent argument.

All uninformed speculation welcome.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Baby P's father gets £75k libel damages from The People

Is this a case of an innocent man forced out of his child's life then sufffering a second time?

Or a feckless father who abandoned his child and deserved the people story and should now give the money to charity?

I guess the truth will lie between the two - but as ever with cuk let us not bring facts into a decent argument.

I don't blame him for leaving that heartless munter of a wife, and I am astonished that he was ever able to impregnate her in the first place.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You invite comments about somebody who just won money in a libel lawsuit?

Comment

Informed non-speculation.

The people published an allegation that he was a convicted sex offender. It wasn't true. I'm surprised it was only £75k, I would have given him more.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

AllI know is Mrs BP will be in a bad mood when I get home tonight. Baby BP was about 14 months when the news first broke - She thinks of baby P very often.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Informed non-speculation.

The people published an allegation that he was a convicted sex offender. It wasn't true. I'm surprised it was only £75k, I would have given him more.
            Also the father wasn't involved in the neglect of Baby P. He wasn't in the house at the time as it was Mum, Boyfriend and Boyfriend's brother who neglected him.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Also the father wasn't involved in the neglect of Baby P. He wasn't in the house at the time as it was Mum, Boyfriend and Boyfriend's brother who neglected him.
              But why did father leave? Once he forced out or one of these feckless fathers who don't take any responsibility?

Comment

Forgetting the whole terrible case to do with Baby P the paper named him as a sex offender saying he had raped a 14 year old girl. Doing that alone is just outrageous. Double the 75Kthat and a hefty fine on the paper wouldn't have been out of order IMO.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But why didn't he notice the abuse when he had his visiting time?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    But why didn't he notice the abuse when he had his visiting time?
                    Did he have any visiting time? It is quite easy for the RP to deny access to the NRP.

Comment

Working...
                    X