• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Blue Gnomes of Totnes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blue Gnomes of Totnes

Opinion seems to be divided on these roundabout dwelling garden ornaments.

You see, Totnes has a reputation for being a bit "Bohemian'. You'd think that would mean a nice laid back vibe but in reality it means loads of Islington luvvie types move in next door and won't let you put slug pellets on your garden. They seem to like teepees too.

These are the types who are objecting because these tacky gnomes are ruining whatever groovy tip they think they're on.

Long live the gnomes I say.

Regularly travel through Totnes. Have never seen any blue gnomes on roundabouts though.
    You are right about the hippy-types though. They are everywhere, bleeding tree-hugging sandal-wearing, lentil-munchers!!

Not a bad place for a pub crawl mind you.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That's not nice. There's nothing wrong with gnomes, they are lovely little chaps.

I recommend a visit to the gnome reserve in Cornwall. There are hundreds of them in the woods there, I even found one who had hanged himself. And they provide delightful cream teas as well.

A strange fact I didn't know until I went - even the gnome children have beards.

Comment

I reckon it's Gargamel up to his old tricks again.

Comment

Devon's full of fat Turds.

We go there to laugh at the locals. Especially Plymouth, that is one town people go to slowly decompose. We should make Plymouth part of Scotland, raising the average IQ of both England and Scotland in one swoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
            Devon's full of fat Turds.

We go there to laugh at the locals. Especially Plymouth, that is one town people go to slowly decompose. We should make Plymouth part of Scotland, raising the average IQ of both England and Scotland in one swoop.
            WHS

There's something wrong about people from Devon.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              WHS

There's something wrong about people from Devon.
              Some of them, obviously

Sorry, I can't go on, this has got way too funny for me to carry on. The Ginger fat twat has finally made up something that is too funny for me. Way too funny for me. Oh, I don't think I can work much for the rest of the day, I am still supressing the need to scream out loud laughing...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Regularly travel through Totnes. Have never seen any blue gnomes on roundabouts though.
                You are right about the hippy-types though. They are everywhere, bleeding tree-hugging sandal-wearing, lentil-munchers!!

They always used to be in such a rush to get to Devon and Cornwall that they never bothered with us.

Until now.

Every time I go out the peace is shattered by some yappy "me me me' woman with a pusillanimous weird beard in tow.

Then they Twitter to their ghastly friends and all my favourite places get taken over

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

I thought SASGuru lived in wandsworth
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    That's not nice. There's nothing wrong with gnomes, they are lovely little chaps.

I recommend a visit to the gnome reserve in Cornwall. There are hundreds of them in the woods there, I even found one who had hanged himself. And they provide delightful cream teas as well.

A strange fact I didn't know until I went - even the gnome children have beards.
                    Perhaps we should declare the roundabout a haven for all the unwanted gnomes in the UK.

A kind of Battersea Dogs Home for gnomes.

That'd upset the luvvies.

Comment

Working...
                    X