• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italian Lakes accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Lakes accommodation

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent hotel/villa to stay overlooking/near one of the Italian lakes?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Airbnb... lots of recommendations on here.

Relaxing place in Garda lake in Garda

Worth the hassle of setting up a profile imo.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

For 3 star but beautiful, we stayed here - great food and views:

Hotel Belvadere, Bellagio, Lake Como.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I stayed here Camin Hotel Luino a few years ago. The food was excellent, the service and rooms were very good. The staff all seem to speak English with a Scottish accent., but don't let that but you off.

And we stayed here http://www.residenzadolcevita.com/ last year. Very good food, and we'd definitely go there again.

Both are on Lake Maggiore.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hotel Terme, Sirmione Lake Garda. It was a little impersonal but otherwise great.
          It is within striking distance of a couple of other parts of Italy.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            Anyone have any recommendations for a decent hotel/villa to stay overlooking/near one of the Italian lakes?
            Cheap and cheerful or agent style full boll*cks?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Cheap and cheerful or agent style full boll*cks?
              Not over pretentious but not a dump. Somewhere ideally small scale, has a luxurious feel, good service, good food, a great view and not the "look at me" type resort filled with people competing on how much their sunglasses and accessories are. A rustic small private house/villa with a balcony or terrace in the countryside overlooking a lake just a short moped journey from a village with a decent restaurant would be ideal.

Alternatively, a small (as in just a few rooms not small in the space of the rooms) boutique hotel in a quiet street in a lakeside town with a courtyard/balcony.

That sort of thing.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                Not over pretentious but not a dump. Somewhere ideally small scale, has a luxurious feel, good service, good food, a great view and not the "look at me" type resort filled with people competing on how much their sunglasses and accessories are. A rustic small private house/villa with a balcony or terrace in the countryside overlooking a lake just a short moped journey from a village with a decent restaurant would be ideal.

Alternatively, a small (as in just a few rooms not small in the space of the rooms) boutique hotel in a quiet street in a lakeside town with a courtyard/balcony.

That sort of thing.
                Are you planning an "I don't want to see any recruitment agents" break?
                Last edited by DodgyAgent; 5 March 2012, 14:02.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Are you planning an "I don't want to see any recruitment agents" break?
                  Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Isn't everyone?
                    Even I cant stand them

Comment

Working...
                    X