• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canada trip things to do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada trip things to do ?

A relatives wedding is in Sept in Toronto Canada, never been before but thinking of going and making a holiday of it 2 weeks. Has anyone else been and got recomendations of things to do, apart from the Rockies and the waterfall is there much else to do there or would I be better off getting flight from Toronto in to the US and spending rest of holiday there. In terms of the kind of things we want to do I don't just want to visit and look and things I want to do things, boat trips etc, theme park may be ?

ta

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    A relatives wedding is in Sept in Toronto Canada, never been before but thinking of going and making a holiday of it 2 weeks. Has anyone else been and got recomendations of things to do, apart from the Rockies and the waterfall is there much else to do there or would I be better off getting flight from Toronto in to the US and spending rest of holiday there. In terms of the kind of things we want to do I don't just want to visit and look and things I want to do things, boat trips etc, theme park may be ?

ta
    Rockies are some way from Toronto - Banff is nice, Vancouver is great but both way West Of Ont

Could try gold panning, rent a float plane and some serious fishing,take a rail trip across the Rockies.
    I'm not aware of any Canadian theme parks
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Montreal is worth a visit. Could combine that with a bit of New England too.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        Montreal is worth a visit. Could combine that with a bit of New England too.
        I'd second this. Newfoundland is cracking, and New brunswick. Slower pace of life. Failing that, get over to the West Coast and get up the coast a bit, or Vancouver Island. Lots of cracking trips to make to see whales. I love Vancouver, personally, one of the great cities in the world. But a bus ride from Seattle too which isn't bad.

You'll get great weather in Ontario in summer, but in BC, it will be like England in summer and very hit and miss. Depends what you want really. BC is really, really nice.

Comment

There are the thousand islands, Ottawa, Lakes north of Toronto. I think there is a theme park - Canada's Wonderland I think its called. CN tower now you can walk around the outside of it.

Rockies are about a 4 hour flight west - but there is Mount Tremblant north of Monteal which has some to do in the summer. east of there is Nova Scotia which is just great.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I wish that I had spent more time in Toronto - I felt right at home there. It was sort of like London but a lot nicer.

Be careful with your timing if you are going to travel around Canada in September - that is the time that the weather starts to turn. We arrived in a town in the Yukon on the 15th of September and the town had just about packed-up for the winter.

Comment

Working...
            X