• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failure to go limited 'costs £4.2bn in tax'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to go limited 'costs £4.2bn in tax'

Each British taxpayer is set to gift HM Revenue & Customs an unnecessary £421 this year – rising to an average of £1,600 if they run a business but fail to incorporate it as a limited company.

Source: Failure to go limited 'costs £4.2bn in tax' :: Contractor UK

HMRC would have to make up for loss of tax somehow and what would it do if everybody just went Ltd route?

Sorry I don't understand the press release...

Are they trying to drum up support for their website by saying everyone should be using PSC's to avoid tax or are they saying that there are loads of sole traders with the wrong type of company? It seems rather daft to me to encourage someone to open a company when will cost them a grand a year to file a set of accounts for it, when the saving is only £420 per person...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Sorry I don't understand the press release...

Are they trying to drum up support for their website by saying everyone should be using PSC's to avoid tax or are they saying that there are loads of sole traders with the wrong type of company? It seems rather daft to me to encourage someone to open a company when will cost them a grand a year to file a set of accounts for it, when the saving is only £420 per person...
      I thought AtW said the saving was £4.2 billion per person?

Comment

Working...
      X