• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Done a google search on myself and i have found a few issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done a google search on myself and i have found a few issues

Hi All,

I done a google search on myself, and I found a company called ukdata which lists part of my date of birth and also my registered company address etc as well.

Now with the service addresss, I'm now going to use that of my accountant. But I'm very worried about date of birth appearing on google etc. Just makes me think, one is more vulnerable to Identity theft etc.

I checked on thier website, and what I see is they would only consider removing information if its incorrect or companies house feel you are at risk by them displaying it.

Any ideas here.

Thanks.

It's the downside of being a limited company director - if you want the protection of being limited then you have to accept your details being available online. The date of birth allows people to distinguish you from other people with the same name, so you don't get tainted with their past misdemeanours (or vice versa!)

I believe some websites also show profit details taken from your accounts, so make sure you're only filing abbreviated accounts to limit the data available.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      It's the downside of being a limited company director - if you want the protection of being limited then you have to accept your details being available online. The date of birth allows people to distinguish you from other people with the same name, so you don't get tainted with their past misdemeanours (or vice versa!)

I believe some websites also show profit details taken from your accounts, so make sure you're only filing abbreviated accounts to limit the data available.

I'm thinking there must be a way around this, I done a search on a colleague and I noticed that on the persons details, the date birth section says hidden at directors request.

So I'm just wondering what I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by platforminc View Post
        Hi All,

I done a google search on myself, and I found a company called ukdata which lists part of my date of birth and also my registered company address etc as well.
        What's the problem?
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
          What's the problem?
          I dont like the fact that part of my DOB is available publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by platforminc View Post
            I dont like the fact that part of my DOB is available publicly.
            Why? Have you been lying about your age? Which part?
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
            X