• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them Giant Foxes are back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them Giant Foxes are back!

Monster snared: Britain's biggest fox weighing nearly 3st | The Sun |News

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I suppose we'll now get an equally giant amount of whinging from animal rights do-gooders

Comment

I saw that on the BBC News website, this comment at the end made me laugh
      Jonathan Reynolds, senior research scientist at the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust (GWCT), said: "A 38lbs fox would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

"We don't know why they are getting bigger, but one possible explanation is that they are getting better fed in urban areas."
      The fox was shot over 40 miles away from the nearest urban centre in a part of the country with relatively few urban centres but huge amounts of wilderness
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've just actually lost another cat not seen since last Monday so gone for a week now and I'm pretty sure it's a fox.

Two days before the cat went missing 2 pairs of shoes I had left outside the back door I found chewed up in the garden, there were clean bite marks out of leather so a strong bite. I waited up on Saturday night / morning to see if I could spot the b*stard and it did come back into my garden, I litteraly got 5ft away from it as I walked up to it and it wouldnt back off, it was easily the size of a dog, the thing was snarling at me which I didnt expect may be its ill, it was like something out of hounds of the bascavils, I actually ended up backing off in the end and jumping into the garage.

Over the last week another 2 cats have gone missing as well, council are not interested buts its getting out hand, its just to sus, may be go some nutter fox out there who has developed a taste for pussy. I'm keeping the other cat in now, I already lost another cat 3 years ago same thing, let it out and never saw it again.
        Last edited by Bumfluff; 5 March 2012, 16:12.

Comment

Looks like the one staring at me off the top of my garage the other night as I finished my last smoke of the day.

Loads around Tottenham.

We think they live in the abandoned passage way out the back of our house.

No!, I didn't say my back passage.
          Last edited by Scrag Meister; 5 March 2012, 16:18.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Slowly but surely the reason for fox hunting is becoming clear.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Slowly but surely the reason for fox hunting is becoming clear.
              Nothing to stop you hunting for foxes, just not with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Nothing to stop you hunting for foxes, just not with dogs.
                And why not hunt with dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  And why not hunt with dogs?
                  Because it's against the law to hunt foxes with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Because it's against the law to hunt foxes with dogs.
                    What about now?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X