• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC - Speak to us before we have to speak to you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC - Speak to us before we have to speak to you...

...who the **** do you think you are?

Should this not be in the "Rangers liquidated" thread?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Should this not be in the "Rangers liquidated" thread?

Nope, HMRC are running adverts on the Radio here in Manchester.

It was also a line they used after the "Harry Redknapp" trial.

Comment

But isn't it aimed at people whose tax affairs have gone adrift, analogous to those behind on their mortgage being urged to contact their lenders?

I don't think they expect everyone in the country to suddenly contact them for the sake of it
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's good to talk.

HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But isn't it aimed at people whose tax affairs have gone adrift, analogous to those behind on their mortgage being urged to contact their lenders?

I don't think they expect everyone in the country to suddenly contact them for the sake of it
            Maybe we all should. They claim to be over run as it is. Think of something trivial but take a long time to explain it and hide an IR35 statement somewhere in the middle. If every single contractor did it they would be knackered. Particularly if we were all spotless.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Nope, HMRC are running adverts on the Radio here in Manchester.
              Then obviously they already know rainy Manchester is full of dodgy geysers. Better call them just to be sure.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably looking to apply retrospective IR35 rules to newly sweary permies.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It's good to talk.

HMRC
                  Since they don't like answering their phones to the peeps who do ring them up, I'm afraid it ain't true.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Since they don't like answering their phones to the peeps who do ring them up, I'm afraid it ain't true.
                    Yeah, I've always found it takes ages to get through, although on the other hand every conversation I've had with HMRC, they've been very helpful.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X