• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protecting the true meaning of marriage.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protecting the true meaning of marriage.

We must protect true meaning of marriage, says Roman Catholic leader - Telegraph

So what is the true meaning of marriage?

Personally I thought it was finding out what sort of man your wife would have preferred.

OG - please note I did remember to tag this one!

I thought the true meaning was for the wife to explore and find the breaking point of the husband. The exploration takes many forms on many aspects of the husbands life but it only finished when he is a sobbing mess in a corner of the cubbard under the staircase begging for "marriage counseling".
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

He really should have kept his mouth shut. I cannot see what on earth he expected that speech to result in apart from a PR disaster.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        I thought the true meaning was for the wife to explore and find the breaking point of the husband. The exploration takes many forms on many aspects of the husbands life but it only finished when he is a sobbing mess in a corner of the cubbard under the staircase begging for "marriage counseling".
        This is an interesting theory. As I believe that children push you to your limit and a little bit beyond. Hence with my kids I always step instantly on any issues - its going to be a fight so take it to them!

Maybe my wife is more like a child than I realized. Despite her assertion that I am a child ("The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys").

Comment

Surly marriage was around before the Christian church so why do they have a monopoly on its meaning?
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Always makes me smile when people that are so heavily involved with institutions they have no personal experience of, start outlining just how they ought to work.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              He really should have kept his mouth shut. I cannot see what on earth he expected that speech to result in apart from a PR disaster.
              Indeed. As a Catholic I do feel duty bound to defend him - but in this case I have no chance.

Catholics are very slow to change (persecution of Galileo?). When I went on the course to become a Catholic I was told that the Virgin Mary was very important(If you want something done ask a woman). But then women are treated as second class citizens!

Surely the meaning of the church is to make people feel better? If people are gay then what harm does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Maybe he thinks some things are more important than good PR. Did you never in your professional life have to voice something that was unpopular, but you were convinced saying it was the right and necessary thing to do?

Speaking generally here, not on that specific story/subject.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Maybe he thinks some things are more important than good PR. Did you never in your professional life have to voice something that was unpopular, but you were convinced saying it was the right and necessary thing to do?

Speaking generally here, not on that specific story/subject.
                  There are indeed more important things than good PR. So lets have a look at his reasons :-

"It would reduce it just to the commitment of the two people involved. There would be no recognition of the complementarity of male and female or that marriage is intended for the procreation and education of children."

IMO he is wrong on both counts. Men/Women often have the "cannot live with them, cannot live without them" mentality. It is far more important that men/women get along as children will destry a weak relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Always makes me smile when people that are so heavily involved with institutions they have no personal experience of, start outlining just how they ought to work.

Better get out of IT then, eh?...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X