• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye cruel world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye cruel world

Get rich AND die trying: Ambitious people earn more money - but have poorer health and die younger, says study | Mail Online

Well it is either than or die old and poor!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But would ambitious people be happier if they were not chasing their goals? They'd probably be bored and depressed and end up eating/drinking/smoking their way into an even earlier grave.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Who determined that the end goal for all must be happiness.

Perhaps these ambitious people chose the goal of creating a legacy to their children in the form of a pile of cash.

I think it is very presumptious to just assume that everyone is chasing this "happiness". It is not even that well defined.

There are other goals that can be chosen in life.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          Who determined that the end goal for all must be happiness.

Perhaps these ambitious people chose the goal of creating a legacy to their children in the form of a pile of cash.

I think it is very presumptious to just assume that everyone is chasing this "happiness". It is not even that well defined.

There are other goals that can be chosen in life.
          Rich people are driven by a desire to be powerful, probably borne out of insecurity. Many of them like to project their wealth by making their family rich too. bernie eccleston is a prime example.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Rich people are driven by a desire to be powerful, probably borne out of insecurity. Many of them like to project their wealth by making their family rich too. bernie eccleston is a prime example.
            Ecclestone is driven because he is an ugly dwarf.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Ecclestone is driven because he is an ugly dwarf.
              That is his insecurity. According to such logic SASGuru should be the wealthiest man on the planet

it is great when he cannot fight back
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Well it is either than or die old and incontinent!
                FTFY.

Inconti-Panties™ FTW!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  That is his insecurity. According to such logic SASGuru should be the wealthiest man on the planet

it is great when he cannot fight back
                  SAS is on a ban?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    SAS is on a ban?
                    Yes, next!

Comment

Working...
                    X